Office Management Specialist
Office Management Specialist SME
***This position requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with Full Scope Polygraph. ***
The Office Management Specialist will provide in office management, operational, and administrative support.
Compensation & Benefits:
Pay commensurate with experience.
Full time benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and other possible benefits as provided. Benefits are subject to change with or without notice.
Office Management Specialist Responsibilities Include:
- Develop processes and procedures to conduct and coordinate all office management issues including travel, general services, procurement, space management, records management, scheduling, visitor access, and some communication and correspondence issues
- Observes work in progress to identify and resolve problems related to process, capacity, effectiveness, efficiency, and any other areas the incumbent deems necessary.
- Conducts analyses to determine appropriate methods for managing operational and administrative requirements for improved organizational management.
- Provides recommendations and maintains responsibility for implementing related policies and guidelines once approved.
- Oversees operational readiness of the organization, including all necessary procurements, repairs, and upgrades of equipment, and proposing new methods for increasing effectiveness and productivity.
- Manages all travel related activity.
- Arranges travel itineraries and reservations for office staff on the E2 Solutions travel system, submits travel authorizations, secures travel tickets, and prepares and submits reimbursement vouchers.
- Coordinates and obtains passport and visa letters.
- Ensures staff have active/updated E2 Solutions accounts and provides clear guidance on travel policies by drafting or updating the Travel SOP and via email instructions specific to questions or cases as they arise.
- The incumbent prepares time and attendance reports covering all Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) staff in the office; reminds staff of submission deadlines, proper completion of documentation in support of time and attendance, and monitors compliance with time and attendance procedures.
- Manages records for the office including ensuring compliance to the Department’s records management policies and maintenance of the SharePoint site as it relates to the organization and storage of office electronic files.
- Maintains orderly physical files in the office and processes destruction of documents as needed.
- Manages office workspaces, including:
- Manages the reservation and use of S/GWI workspaces via a hoteling application.
- Maintains all equipment in working order and submits requisitions to maintain and/or replace equipment and supplies.
- Maintains an office SOP reference document, updating relevant SOPs with subject matter experts and with clearance from the Front Office, as appropriate.
- Prepares internal and external communications, including memos, letters, emails, etc. as needed.
- As needed, backs up the Front Office Staff Assistant in paper tasking/tracking and backs up the Administrative Officer in some personnel actions, such as onboarding/offboarding staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Office Management Specialist Experience, Education, Skills, Abilities requested:
- HS diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Twenty-five (25) years of relevant experience
- Requires TOP SECRET Security Clearance with FS polygraph
- Experience in office and organizational management and/or administration.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and timeliness.
- Experience in travel management, including booking and processing financial authorizations and vouchers.
- Experience in procurement of supplies and equipment.
- English language (written and spoken) communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and coordinate activities.
- Ability to solve problems and encourage consistent, solid performance.
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and background investigation prior to hire.
- Must pass pre-employment qualifications of Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Preting (Preting) provides support, services, and solutions to federal and commercial customers. The company takes a personalized approach to solving our clients' toughest challenges, helping you make the most of your skills. Preting is part of Cherokee Federal – a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies. For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com.
Similar Searchable Job Titles:
Legal Disclaimer: Cherokee Federal is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit cherokee-federal.com/careers for information regarding our Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Statement, Accommodation request, and Presidential EO 14042 Notice.ID:uDnQdo