On-Demand: Guest Advocate (Cashier), General Merchandise, Fulfillment, Food and Beverage, Style (T1484)
Starting Hourly Rate / Salario por Hora Inicial: $15.75 USD
ALL ABOUT TARGET
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
ALL ABOUT ON DEMAND
You can work as much or as little as you like as an On-Demand TM and your schedule may vary depending on shift availability and store needs. This role is ideal for those that are looking for a personalized work schedule.
As an On-Demand TM you will not be included on the posted weekly schedule, but rather will have the opportunity to create your own schedule by picking up shifts posted by leaders or other team members (via our myTime mobile scheduling app) that work best with your schedule.
We require your active engagement by picking up and working shifts as well as responding to our attempts at contact.
We will contact you throughout the year (via your provided contact information) and confirm your ability and interest in working shifts at Target. If we do not receive a response to our communication attempts, your employment with Target will be administratively terminated.
Regular attendance is necessary and you must work at least one shift within 6 months or you will be administratively terminated.
Your communication and ability to work when our business demands it most are critical to your success in this role.
Should you be offered a position as an On-Demand TM, you will be required to attend a Target Welcome orientation and commit to a short-term structured training schedule to ensure you are properly prepared for your new role. After that, the myTime mobile scheduling app is where you can pick up the shifts you desire to work.
ALL ABOUT SERVICE & ENGAGEMENT
Advocates of guest experience who welcome, thank, and exceed guest service expectations by focusing on guest interaction and recovery. Advocates of both physical and digital services and solutions who are knowledgeable about capabilities and features that drive adoption, usage and ultimately guest loyalty. Empowered to make shopping effortless and seamless for guests at the checklanes, guest services, gift registry, pick-up and drive up.
At Target, we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Guest Advocate can provide you with the:
- Ability to communicate and interact with guests to build an inclusive guest experience
- Ability to blend problem solving and decision making to positively impact the guest experience and resolve guest concerns
- Ability to adapt to different guest interactions and situations
- Experience promoting and selling various benefits, offerings and services
As a Guest Advocate, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a service culture that prioritizes the guest service experience by delivering the service standard
- Create a welcoming experience by authentically greeting all guests
- Observe to quickly understand whether a guest needs assistance or wants to interact. Follow body language and verbal clues to tailor your approach
- Engage with guests in a genuine way, which includes asking questions to better understand their specific needs
- Be knowledgeable about the tools, products, and services available in the total store, and specific to your area, to solve issues for the guest and improve their experience
- Thank the guest in a genuine way and let them know we’re happy they chose to shop at Target
- Scan and bag all guest items efficiently, neatly and in compliance with food safety standards and company best practices
- Work efficiently to minimize guest wait time while maintaining guest service and accuracy
- Make the guest aware of current and upcoming brand launches, store activities and events
- Speak to the benefits of the Target RedCard with every guest and assist them through the application process
- Be familiar with all fulfillment services, and know how to direct the guest to enroll, activate and use them
- Understand and show guests how to use Wallet and the other features and offerings within the Target App
- Attempt every return and follow register prompts, be empowered to make it right for the guest while following Targets policies and procedures
- Make it right for the guest by de-escalating any negative situations and recover the guest shopping experience while following Target’s policies and procedures
- Deliver easy and seamless service to all Order Pick Up, Drive Up, and Registry guests
- Maintain a clean, clutter free work area (including gathering abandoned items, baskets, and hangers)Stock supplies during store open hours while being available for the guest
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance
- Work in a safe manner at all times to benefit yourself and others; identify and correct hazards; comply with all safety policies and best practices.
- Support guest services such order pick up (OPU) and Drive-up (DU) and maintain a compliance culture while executing those duties, such as compliance with federal, state, and local adult beverage laws.
- All other duties based on business needs
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- You enjoy interacting with people all day and making things easy for others…. Interacting with guests, solving concerns and making the guests day better is core of what we do
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Guest Advocate. But, there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Communicating effectively, including using positive language and attentive to guests needs
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Willing to educate guests and sell products and services
- Learn and adapt to evolving technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Accurately handle cash register operations and cash transactions
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 15 pounds and occasionally lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
- You can work as much or as little as you like as an on-demand TM, however, we ask for your active engagement by picking up and working shifts (via our myTime mobile App) as well as responding at our attempts at contact. We will contact you throughout the year (via your provided contact information) and confirm your ability and interest in working shifts at Target. If we do not receive a response your employment with Target will be administratively terminated. You must work at least one shift within 6 months or you will be administratively terminated.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.ID:uDnQdo