Operation Support Specialist
COMSTOCK PARK, MI
With all your career options, why not choose a company where you can own part of the business?
Weekes Forest Products is 100% Employee-Owned and offers an outstanding suite of employee benefits. Weekes has grown to be the leading distributor of specialty building materials, engineered wood components and industrial lumber materials. At Weekes, you will receive an ownership stake in the value our combined honest efforts create.
As an Operation Support Specialist, your primary responsibility will be completing tasks to help drive efficiency for the material handlers and the operation. Safety and accuracy are the of utmost importance as well as teamwork and collaboration. Your work environment will consist of inside our three warehouses as well as outside yard. This position requires reliability, accurate and detailed work, while producing repeatable and consistently accurate results. This is an entry level role with the expectation of advancement. All needed training will be provided on an ongoing basis. An ideal candidate is a reliable and consistent worker that is looking to have a career and benefit from being a company shareholder.
Operations Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- Follow and support the safety and well-being of all persons in the operation including employees, customers, and vendors.
- Banding, wrapping, and labeling orders.
- Cleaning up shipping materials and overall housekeeping of the warehouses.
- Assisting or completing special projects for the operations and sales.
- Ongoing training in forklift operation, order pulling, and truck loading.
- Attention to detail, with better-than-average accuracy in quality of the work
- Follow daily operations schedule, with an ability to adjust to customer needs.
- Help to continually organize both warehouse and yard work areas.
- Utilize hand tools and power tools used to secure and prepare orders of building materials.
- Read paperwork work orders, yard pick tickets and other details specifically detailed for customer orders.
- Sort, move and organize product departmentally while operating and using a variety of material handling equipment, mainly forklifts.
Operations Support Specialist Benefits Package:
- Outstanding Family Medical Benefits Package
- Substantial Stock Ownership Program
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & 7 Paid Holidays Each Year
- Employer Sponsored Family Dental Insurance
- 401k and Roth 401k Investment Accounts (With Substantial Employer Matching)
- Employer Sponsored Life & Disability Insurance
- Patient work style interested in consistency dealing with repetitive routines.
- Ability to learn and use a forklift.
- Follow safety expectations set by company safety policies.
- Able to lift 20-60 pounds throughout the workday.
- Cooperative & agreeable listener who gets along with others and enjoys being helpful.
- Ability to work independently while supporting exceptional teamwork of a larger work group.
- Flexibility to work overtime hours as needed.
- Experience operating material handling equipment such as a counter-balance forklift.
- Ability to solve problems, persevere when challenged by excessing workload demands, outside working conditions, and working independently.
This job description is a summary; further detail of responsibilities is provided during interviews.