NEW Cooperative, Inc.
Are you our next Operations Intern?
Do you have a passion for farming, crops, grain and working outside? Are you someone who enjoys providing farmers with vital solutions for their operations? Do you want to learn alongside industry leaders in a friendly and positive work environment?
If so, we want to talk to you.
NEW Cooperative is a leading agricultural cooperative providing innovative solutions & services to our customers in North, Central, and Western Iowa. We're seeking the right individuals to join our team as operations interns. You will be based out of one or more of our 60+ locations and will be responsible for providing vital solutions and information to our customers in various ways, which may include:
- Agronomic experiences, including treating seed, product delivery, interaction with growers, warehouse experience and more.
- Grain experiences, including probing, testing, grading, maintaining, and conditioning delivered grain.
- Record-keeping and inventory management.
- Grain contract maintenance. Comply with state and federal grain policies.
- Transportation and logistics. Assist the location in planning, organizing, and scheduling their semi fleet.
- Learn the cooperative business model and experience how locations work to serve members.
NEW Cooperative is committed to providing the valuable learning experience that takes place in a successful internship. As a part of your internship experience, you will be assigned a project to plan and complete, which may include conducting research, interviews and testing ideas. This is your opportunity to learn hands-on! The topic of the project will be determined based on your interests and available opportunities within the company. Other opportunities and experiences will also occur, which may include:
- Actively-involved mentor
- Comprehensive company onboarding & safety training
- Internship-specific training
- Customer interaction
- Job shadows with Customer Service Specialists, Location Managers, and Region Managers
- Networking with company and industry leaders
- Job shadows in other departments, as desired, including grain, agronomy, energy, feed, and accounting/finance
- Industry tours, field trips, and outings with fellow NEW interns
- Other learning opportunities as the season, time, and your interests allow
It is vitally important that you are team-oriented, hard working, and have strong communication, leadership, and time-management skills. Applicants must have a valid driver's license and should be working towards a 2-year or 4-year college degree in agriculture. You do not need to have past agricultural or operations experience, but you must have a strong willingness to learn throughout the summer!
Operations interns can anticipate a competitive hourly wage with paid overtime. Previous operations interns at NEW have earned $7500-$11,000 during their internships!
This position also offers competitive benefits, including:
- Not from the area? Ask about our housing assistance options!
- Uniform allowance
- Access to company vehicle, as needed
- Reasonable time-off requests accommodated
This is your opportunity to join the NEW Cooperative team and maximize your learning opportunities!
Employment contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment screenings.ID:uDnQdo