Operations Manager – Land
Fugro USA Land
With our expertise and technological resources, we can assist in the location and assessment of prospective petroleum targets and identify development opportunities. We support and help de-risk your exploration projects, whilst arming you with the data and knowledge required to attract and secure investment for future developments.
The Operations Manager will hold responsibilities for all phases of project operations, including but not limited to, assisting in the preparation of projects, logistics, fleet/staff management, project setup, and project delivery. This role will monitor and report progress, and coordinate with project managers, client relations, and project closeout for all phases and customers.
This highly motivated individual will be reporting directly to the Exploration Service Line Director to ensure the safe and successful delivery of both Onshore and Nearshore projects. Must be willing to travel to project locations and able to work remotely whether Onshore or Nearshore.
Lead by example and place Quality, Health & Safety, Security, and the protection of the Environment as core values while never intentionally placing employees, our processes, customers, or the communities in which we live and work at risk.
- Work closely with the Exploration Service Line project managers/senior staff regarding operations management.
- Develop the necessary reporting and communication tools and provide effective, timely, and informative communication to the Exploration Service Line and clients throughout the project’s cycle.
- Oversee the operational functions of Onshore and Nearshore projects, including the planning of mobilizations and demobilizations from equipment preparation to post-project maintenance.
- Monitor financial aspects of projects, handling third-party suppliers, billing, and other financial items when applicable.
- Prepare requests for invoicing through the review and analysis of both month and job-to-date performance against budget, direct hours, aging receivables, work in progress, accrued expenses, time record lists, subcontractor activity, and contract backlogs.
- Inform Service Line Director / Project Managers on project completion status every week, as well as on operational difficulties that may lead to a delay in payment, and when the project is finally closed.
- Perform final closeout of projects by quality system requirements.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- Qualification in geotechnical and/or exploration drilling (NVQ, NGWA, etc.), or in a geotechnical-related field of study; major or significant previous work in project management preferred
- 5+ years of experience in successful operations management.
- A strong understanding of geotechnical and exploration operations and practices, with experience in Onshore and Nearshore operations is required.
- Experience in vehicle fleet management, workshop/workflow planning, planned maintenance, and maintenance systems is required.
- A deep understanding and knowledge of geotechnical and exploration drilling and CPT disciplines. Drilling knowledge must encompass conventional rotary, auger (hollow stem and fixed stem), diamond coring (conventional and wireline methods, double and triple tube in sizes N through to S), downhole testing and sampling (SPT, Shelby, Mod-Cal, Vane, Pressuremeter, Packer Testing). CPT with both rod-based and wireline systems.
- Strong mechanical knowledge of geotechnical drilling and CPT equipment, including but not limited to CPT rigs, drilling rigs, hydraulic/pneumatic systems, diesel engines, etc.
- Understanding the Nearshore marine environment, marine equipment (vessels), vessel regulations, and requirements are a huge advantage.
- Proficient in MS Suite (Excel, Word, Project); Avalon, etc.
What’s in it for you?
At Fugro, our people are our number one priority and central to our purpose to create a safe and livable world. Our values set the foundation for our unique culture: we are determined to deliver, we prepare for tomorrow, we do what’s right, and we build trust. Our talent philosophy is seeded by our values and fueled by a passion for learning, developing leadership behaviors, transparency, and accountability.
Fugro offers opportunities to sharpen skills and provide career growth through on-the-job learning experiences, LinkedIn Learning access, business and technical training, and leadership development programs.
We value the mental, physical, and financial health of our employees and their families and offer a variety of flexible work models. Fugro USA’s comprehensive benefits package also ensures you have choices that fit your needs at any life stage.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO is the law supplement poster