Operations Manager – Trainee
United Electric Supply Co.
New Castle, DE
Operations Manager Trainee
Who we are:
United Electric Supply Co. Inc. is a nationally recognized, 100% employee-owned company that is a major supplier of electrical products, and advanced services for the construction and industrial markets. They offer a full range of electrical products and services with concentrations in industrial automation, building automation, lighting, wire/cable/conduit, distribution and control, data communications, electro-mechanical and energy solutions. With over 300 employees, United is headquartered in New Castle, Delaware with locations throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and Virginia.
United Electric is looking for a motivated and hardworking individual to join our mighty operations team! The ideal candidate likes to have fun but also wants to learn and develop their career with us. This is an opportunity to learn systemically within our organization and prepare you to be our next employee-owner to join United!
This position rotates through Warehouse responsibilities to Counter Sales, Inside Sales and finally shadowing operational leaders on the way to becoming a well rounded Operations Manager.
Each rotation will be a hands-on experience to understand how to enter a sale all the way through getting it packed, delivered and invoiced correctly to our customers. Each rotation will expose the trainee to different situational experiences requiring problem solving and dedication to serving our customer and fellow employees. Along the way, our Ops Trainees engage in training classes, webinars and on-the-job training designed to accelerate his or her understanding of how to run a branch effectively to better serve our customers. We are an organization that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
Throughout this rotating position you will:
- Review and recommend operating policies and procedures. Ensuring the proper implementation and maintenance of approved changes.
- Optimize the branch's inventory to exceed customer's expectations and satisfaction.
- Work closely with internal departments, combining individual efforts to better serve the customer.
- Maintain a safe environment for all customers and employees. Responsible for general maintenance, inside and outside the facility.
- Drive Quality alongside profitability in the branch.
Location: The Operations Manager Trainee will be out of our three Regional Distribution Centers (Langhorne/Philadelphia; New Castle, DE; Jessup, MD). Once the rotations are complete, the role shifts to open jobs in any of our 15 locations throughout the Mid-Atlantic. This could require moving based on the territories and needs of the company.
Once complete, the Ops Manager:
- Will have an understanding of operating policies and procedures to better serve our customers and market changes.
- Evaluate and making recommendations regarding employment, performance ratings, salary changes, promotions, transfers, and terminations of branch personnel.
- Guide and advise personnel in the more complex phases of their work, as well as suggested training.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual budget and operate within its limits.
- Recommend enhancements to the branch's sales & promotional efforts.
- Review branch income statements monthly.
- Keep open order report up to date and accurate by working with the inside sales team to ensure queues and trackers are addressed in a timely manner.
- Review daily price override report and take necessary action when required.
- Responsible for daily cash deposits.
- Update ADP Timekeeping System daily and transmit payroll as required.
- Communicate updates to our Growth, Profitability and Sustainability goals monthly to branch staff.
- A high degree of interpersonal understanding.
- Experience in effective conflict resolution.
- Minimum High School Diploma; Associate degree preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- We offer attractive compensation and benefits which include:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance and Life Insurance
- 401(K) and Stock Ownership
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Educational Benefits
- Wellness Programs
- Work/Life Balance
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.