Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties, LLC
The Operations Specialist role is based in Lakeside, CA and reports directly to the Plant Manager.
What you’ll get to do
- Lead support for launching digital initiatives, while building on existing digital capabilities to deliver efficiency and top line revenue growth.
- Provide support and back up to various material plant operations staff, including dispatch, plant operators, and ground support.
- Proactively assist in the health and safety of employees to continuously improve performance.
- Monitor daily production performance against KPI’s and implements action plans to improve productivity.
- Monitor the inventory procedures and ensure accurate record keeping.
- Coordinate/maintain environmental reporting as needed from batch plant operator and Environmental staff.
- Help prepare documents requesting capital (AFE) and provide project management support as directed. Adhere to cost control measures, delivering projects in a timely manner and within budget.
- Managing activities within assigned cost budgets.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Construction Management and/or equivalent work experience.
- Effective interpersonal and change management skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to learn new technical skills and be self-motivated.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Detailed oriented.
- Ability to obtain cooperation and influence others to work toward a common goal.
- Ability to multitask and be flexible to changing work priorities, working flexible hours.
- Effective time management skill set required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as, presentation skills.