OPERATIONS TECHNICIAN / ASSISTANT OPERATOR
Granite City, IL
Job Description and Qualifications
At Air Products, our purpose is to bring people together to reimagine what’s possible, collaborate and innovate solutions to the world’s most significant energy and environmental sustainability challenges. Grow with us as we embark on building tomorrow together by being the safest, most diverse, and most profitable industrial gas company in the world.
Reimagine What’s Possible
Do you enjoy working in a plant environment? Are you a hands-on, safety-minded person who enjoys solving problems?
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE:APD), a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, is seeking an experienced Operations Technician.
The Operations Technician will be responsible for operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting processes and equipment.
***The working hours for this position are primarily M-F Day and Night rotating shifts every 2 weeks but require flexibility for some weekend on-call or plant outage work.
Skills, experience, and characteristics for the preferred applicant include:
- Operations training and experience with chemical or industrial gas processes and equipment, including process control operations using DCS systems.
- Experience in minor maintenance functions with mechanical, electrical, and instrument systems. Applicable degrees, certifications or other training considered a plus.
- Administrative skills to function effectively in computer based systems such as SAP, Windows/Office, and other computer applications.
- A self starter who effectively handles their time to identify the necessary tasks and deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Ability to collect and analyze data, while applying a systematic approach to reach conclusions and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with technical and administrative support functions across various company locations.
- Use and maintain standardized policies and procedures to optimize safety, quality and costs.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Solid background and previous work and/or military record
- Must be willing to be on call to support 24x7 plant operations.
- Must be able to climb ladders and steps and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Technical School Graduates: Students with a background in Industrial Systems, Machine Tool Technology, Electromechanical Technology, Mechatronics, Automotive Technology, HVAC, Process Technology, Electrical Technology, Instrumentation Technology are encouraged to apply.
Military Veterans: Air Products is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company values the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with specific focus in technical fields. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skills and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
We are the world’s largest hydrogen producer with over 80 years of industrial gas experience. We are hydrogen experts delivering safe, end-to-end solutions, investing in real, clean energy projects at scale, and driving the industry forward to generate a cleaner future.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where we put safety first, diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
Air Products is committed to working with and providing a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail us at [email protected]. General application status inquiries are not answered by this mailbox rather you’ll receive an e-mail directly from our Career Center and/or the Talent Acquisition Specialist