Cornerstone Chemical Co.
The Operator Trainee entry-level job at Cornerstone is responsible for the Melamine bagging operation and for operating bagging room equipment.
- Operate packing lines and solids conveying equipment in a safe, environmentally responsible manner.
- Operate a forklift in limited driving areas.
- Obtain certified departmental training.
- Follow operating procedures for optimal packaging performance.
- Monitor packaging equipment to ensure proper operating equipment.
- Quick learner and team-oriented individual.
- High regard for safety and environmental performance.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Must have)
- Must be able to lift and stack 50lb packaged units.
- Must be able to work in a chemical manufacturing environment and work a rotating shift schedule of 12 hours
- Must be cleanly shaven
- Must have Steel-Toe Boots, wear Full-Lenght Pants, Sleeved Shirt
- Must have unexpired Driver's License/ID
- Ability to commute to Waggaman, LA (across from the New Orleans Airport on the other side of the MS River)
- TWIC Card- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (Paid by Company if hired). More information at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- A minimum score of 60 in the North America Process Technology Alliance (NAPTA) PTEX-CR exam which is used as a standard for applied process technology knowledge OR the ability to obtain this score as part of the recruitment process. More information at https://www.naptaonline.org/ptex-cr-exam/
- Associate of Applied Science in Process Technology (PTEC) Degree
Minimum Required: High School diploma or equivalent.
Cornerstone Chemical Company is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.