Optical Fiber Manufacturing Engineer
IPG’s Medical Products Group is focused on developing next-generation medical products based on IPG’s state-of-the-art lasers.
- Develops, implements, and maintains methods, operation sequences, equipment, and processes in the fabrication of optical fibers. Interfaces with other disciplines in coordinating the release of new and revised equipment, processes and, products;
- Specifies, procures, installs, and reduces to practice new and modified manufacturing equipment and methods in an optical fiber manufacturing environment.
- Leads the transfer of processes, process improvements, and products from development to production.
- Develops, sustains, and improves manufacturing processes;
- Leads projects to improve yields and reduce manufacturing costs;
- Troubleshoots complex technical issues to root cause in production or in returned product in conjunction with manufacturing and quality staff;
- Trends and analyzes production data as required. Authors technical reports supporting development transfers, production problems, and process analysis/trending;