Outside Sales Representative – Electrical
Are you ready?
As an Outside Sales Representative, you will develop new prospects and maintain contacts with established customers for the purpose of selling Company products, and customarily and regularly interact with prospects and customers in person at the customer's site of business or other off-site locations.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned annual gross margin budget by promoting and selling products in assigned territory in compliance with the Company's pricing policies
- Handle customer complaints promptly and effectively, and report potential claims.
- Keep management informed of local competition and market conditions
- Carry out sales and merchandise programs as directed, and recommend new items for stock
- Maintain current customer records, files, and reports of business transactions; assist in collection of past due accounts
- Participate in training sessions, trade shows, and sales meetings as requested.
- Demonstrate products after sale when necessary
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 5 years experience required; 6+ years preferred
- 4 year degree preferred
- Knowledge of business administration, sales, and marketing
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to learn our business and to work independently to achieve goals
- Ability to sell and be persuasive
- Travel required, including some overnight travel
The expected rate of pay for this position is starting at $75,000 annually depending on experience. This position is also eligible for sales incentives, based on specific and relevant business metrics.
Why should you join Graybar?
At Graybar, our employees are the heart and soul of our company. We believe that employees with diverse perspectives bring the ideas and innovative thinking we need to solve our biggest challenges and compete in an ever-changing world. Consistent with our values, we welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences into our company because we believe it’s the right thing to do and the right way to run our business.
We want each of our employees to know that they matter and to feel a sense of belonging, ownership and inclusion at Graybar. We believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect, and we work to build a collaborative environment where our employees have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a difference, both as individuals and as part of the team.
Apply now and find out what’s next for you.At Graybar, we are known for our comprehensive benefits and our employee stock ownership plan! As a full-time employee of Graybar, you will accrue THREE weeks of vacation during your first 12 months, and will have access to a wide variety of our benefits. Benefits include: Medical Insurance and Prescription Drug, Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Disability Benefits, Profit Sharing Plan, 401(k) Savings Plan, Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays, Employee Recognition Program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by clicking Introduce Yourself in the top-right corner of the page or create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!ID:uDnQdo