Outside Sales Representative – Stanley Access Technology
Creating Peace of Mind by Pioneering Safety and Security
At Allegion, we help keep the people you know and love safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 30 brands, 11,000+ employees globally and products sold in 130 countries, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond.
Outside Sales Representative, Service Sales, Stanley Access Technologies – Chicago Metro Area
Stanley Access Technologies is recognized as an industry leader in the manufacturing, installation, and servicing of automatic doors. Our growing product and service offerings have driven significant growth for our service business. Join our world class team of diligent problem solvers, innovators, fresh thinkers, and communicators who excite and inspire others.
Outside Sales Representative
Stanley Access Technologies/Allegion is recognized as an industry leader in the manufacturing, installation, and service of automatic pedestrian doors. Our growing product and service offerings have driven significant growth for our service business. Join our world class team of diligent problem solvers, innovators, fresh thinkers, and communicators who excite and inspire others.
What You Will Do:
- Utilize your B2B / B2C sales experience to drive lead generation, qualification, and sales of service contracts to new and existing customers
- Develop and build positive relationships with customers in an assigned geographic area promoting new account development and maintain active relationships with current customer base.
- Develop and implement plans, process, and strategies for improving customer service and increasing service revenue
- Deliver and own forecast and specified annual sales target for service contracts
- Develop and maintain current technical product-related knowledge, general sales techniques, market trends, and daily sales activity.
- Work closely with the local branch operations team to ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Travel (+/-20%) in an assigned geographic area will be required.
What You Need to Succeed:
- 1+ years’ experience in field-based sales/account management
- Valid state driver’s license without restrictions and reliable transportation
- Ability to operate remotely
Additional Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong communication (written & verbal) and presentation skills both internally and externally
- Previous success attaining and exceeding sales goals
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to use competitive drive and determination to meet and exceed demanding sales targets
- Experience in SAP
- Salesforce.com (SFDC) experience
- Proficient in MS Office and other common workplace applications
- An actionable contact list of decision-makers
- Proven track record of success building a pipeline and winning business
Through our sales training program, you will learn the techniques to:
- Identify and partner with new and existing clients to grow the book of business
- Effectively close sales in your designated territory
- Contact prospects in the form of cold-calling, emails, and social networks
- Deliver effective sales presentations with business owners and key decision
- Utilize our CRM system and other technology to manage and track efforts
Why Work for Us?
Allegion is a Great Place to Grow your Career if:
You're seeking a rewarding opportunity that allows you to truly help others. With thousands of employees and customers around the world, there’s plenty of room to make an impact. As our values state, “this is your business, run with it”.
You’re looking for a company that will invest in your professional development. As we grow, we want you to grow with us.
You want a culture that promotes work-life balance. Our employees enjoy generous paid time off, because at Allegion we recognize that you have a full life outside of work!
What You’ll Get from Us:
Health, dental and vision insurance coverage, helping you “be safe, be healthy”.
A commitment to your future with a 401K plan, offering a 6% company match and no vesting period
Employee Discounts through Perks at Work
Community involvement and opportunities to give back so you can “serve others, not yourself”
Opportunities to leverage your unique strengths through CliftonStrengths testing and coaching
Join our team of experts today and help us make tomorrow’s world a safer place!
Not sure if your experience perfectly aligns with the role? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification and every single preferred qualification of a job posting. At Allegion, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every item in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this role.
We Celebrate Who We Are!
Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team.
© Allegion plc, 2020 | Block D, Iveagh Court, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin, Ireland
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer