OVEN OPERATOR – 2nd shift
Alpha Baking Co., Inc.
Job descriptionPRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 2nd shift : Monday - Friday 3:00pm - 11:30pm (shift times subject to change); Saturday work possible
- Follow all plant and corporate safety and food safety policies and procedures.
- Report safety incidents to supervisor/management immediately.
- Report food safety concerns to supervisor/management immediately.
- Properly set up and operate all aspects of the Polin Ovens.
- Properly use the associated machinery (Proof Box, Scales, Polin Oven Control Panels).
- Assist the Batch Line Foreman 2 as needed.
- Properly communicate information between Mixing, Packaging, and Management.
- Complete paperwork and daily reports.
- Utilize playbooks.
- Read and understand the production schedule.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Participate in plant audit and inspection preparation.
- Other duties as assigned.
About usAlpha Baking Company, Inc., a national distributor of breads, rolls and buns, as well as sweet goods, was founded in 1979. Headquartered in Chicago, Alpha Baking has three production plants in Illinois and others in Indiana, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Alpha Baking’s retail brands include S. Rosen’s, MaryAnn, Natural Ovens Bakery, Kreamo, and Golden Hearth, with additional product sold under private label agreements and the Alpha Baking foodservice brand. Our broad array of products can be found in national restaurant chains, quick service restaurants, schools, institutions, major league sports franchises, national grocery chains and independent grocery stores.
Required qualifications, skills and experiencePHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds repeatedly, up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Be able to push or pull up to 200 pounds on wheeled equipment.
- Be able to perform tasks requiring standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, reaching.
- Be able to stand for majority of shift.
- Be able to read/write English.
- Be able to work in high ambient temperatures.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Six (6) months food manufacturing experience preferred.
EEO statementWe are an equal opportunity employer with policies prohibiting unlawful discrimination on the basis of any protected classification under applicable local, state and/or federal laws which include race, color religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or veteran status, Alpha Baking Company, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.