The Packaging Engineer/Specialist provides tactical and strategic guidance for manufacturing programs, globally. This position will develop and implement ongoing Sustainability improvement programs in alignment with the ‘Greening Of’ Emerson long range strategy regarding use of energy and resources. The Packaging Engineer/Specialist will investigate regional best cost programs and develop associated capital funding / resource requests to support these opportunities. Successful programs will be leveraged globally to quickly scale up the impact for Flow Controls and Emerson. *Position located in Marshalltown, IA. Relocation assistance provided for successful out of state candidate.*
This position will participate in the development of an ongoing manufacturing improvement strategy, develop project proposals to support manufacturing initiatives, investigate opportunities to develop regional best cost capabilities and develop manufacturing processes and associated capital funding requests to support these opportunities.
AS A PACKAGING ENGINEER/SPECIALIST, YOU WILL:
- Plan, develop, and implement initiatives to design and improve the flow of packaging through the manufacturing process. Assure compliance to European packaging standards.
- Support efforts of Plant Operations and Suppliers, including analysis of resource consumption, energy strategy providing insights to improve ongoing operations.
- Analyze current production for potential make buy decisions and continuous improvement.
- Interactions will include Division Management, manufacturing personnel at all levels, Suppliers, and the Global Supply Chain organization. Occasional interchange with Emerson Corporate Sustainability Leaders, utility companies, and industry experts.
- Travel to Global manufacturing locations is required, approximately 10%.
WHO YOU ARE:
You step up to handle tough issues. You provide timely and helpful information to individuals across the organization. You push yourself and help others achieve results.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Packaging, or equivalent technical experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in an operations or continuous improvement role.
- Legal Authorization to work in the United States – sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Industrial or consumer packaging experience.
- Familiarity with compliance to government regulations.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Demonstrated inter-personal communication. Must be able to present and demonstrate tactical and system changes to Operations Manufacturing Teams and line workers.
- Ability to plan and execute a project on time and within budget.
- Forward thinking – ability to research and implement innovation.
Flexible Work Schedule - Remote Work Option:
This role has the flexibility of a remote work option up to three days a week. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and efficiency as we serve the needs of our customers.