Packaging Machine Operator 1 (Crew A)
J. R. Simplot Co.
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. We are a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
The Packaging Operator tends, maintains, and adjust machine that stock, fill, wrap, seal and label bags with finished product. This individual ensures that product and bagging requirements are met safely, efficiently and with minimal waste. The Packaging Operator inspects bagging line processes and materials and responds promptly to any machine malfunctions.
- Maintains the start up and continuous operation of packaging equipment while maintaining efficiencies and assists the department in meeting or exceeding daily packaging goals
- Operate and adjust all equipment from cold inspection through the glue deck, including: belts, shakers, scale equipment, packaging machines, case packers, case settlers, case sealers, case glue systems, and coders to ensure product is efficiently packaged according to product specifications
- Obtains daily work schedules and completes work orders based on standard operating procedures
- Ensures packaging equipment functions according to specifications
- Prepares packaging machines prior to product run including cleaning and adjusting
- Logs information from each run
- Maintains safe and clean working environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Perform sanitation work as assigned by Supervisory and Lead personnel.
|High school diploma or general education degree (GED)|
- 1+ years related experience and/or training
- Experience with Scale, Packaging, and bagger machines.
Job Requisition ID: 15543
Travel Required: None
Pay Grade: Step and Grade
Location(s): FG Plant - Pasco
Country: United States
Wage range or rate of pay: $21.16/HR
The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Attractive total rewards package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (where applicable)
- Relocation Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Education Assistance (where applicable)
- Benefits details available at simplotbenefits.com
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**