Cargill Meat Solutions
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job type: Full time
Shift available: Night 12 hours shift
Compensation: $21.50/hr - $23.00/hr
Sign On Bonus: $1000
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription
- Drug Insurance
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 401(k) with Cargill matching contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Operate production equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate forklift, palletizer, stretch wrapper, packaging equipment, and all other associated production equipment
- Learn and understand the production schedule
- Troubleshoot equipment failures and perform minor maintenance on this equipment.
- Perform line changeovers as needed.
- Change parts and pieces needed to go from one product to another
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Basic use of a computer
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Prior experience working in a production or plant environment
- Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Inventory systems knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience operating the forklift
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with emphasis on Excel and Word
US Covid-19 Vaccination Update: Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.