Packaging Team Member
Emmi Roth USA, Inc.
Culture Thrives Here
It’s a great time to join an award-winning family of brands including Roth Cheese, Athenos and Emmi. At Emmi Roth, we’re on a mission to craft great cheese and inspire moments of joy through food, all while taking care of our employees and communities along the way. We are looking for energetic, hardworking people to help craft our specialty cheeses.
· Competitive Wages and Shift Differential
· Generous Paid Time Off
· Benefit Options to Meet Your Needs, including 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave and 401K match
· Annual Bonus Potential
· Hiring Bonus
· Paid Training and Certifications
· Ergonomics Program, Including On-Site Therapists
Talented people who take pride in their work are empowered to build a career at Emmi Roth!
The Packaging Team Member performs a variety of essential tasks to assist in production in a food manufacturing environment. Responsibilities include activities such as loading packaging materials into packaging equipment, moving materials within the facility, completing product quality checks, and participating in the sanitation of production equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists in the operation of machinery and equipment used in the cheese conversion or food manufacturing process to ensure smooth operation and efficient production.
· Works closely with other production associates and team members to ensure efficient workflow to meet production targets.
· Loads packaging and raw materials into food manufacturing equipment.
· Safely and efficiently moves products and materials within the facility, following proper handling procedures. This may involve using electric pallet jacks, hand trucks, or other equipment to transport goods.
· Ensure all ingredients and materials are readily available for production activities.
· Observes and monitors production lines to ensure the smooth flow of operations.
· Conducts regular quality checks and completes quality documentation to ensure compliance with specifications and standards.
· Inspects products for defects, ensuring they meet the required quality criteria before packaging and distribution.
· Assists in packaging finished cheese products into appropriate containers, ensuring accurate labeling and adherence to packaging guidelines. Operates packaging machinery as required.
· Cleans and maintains equipment, tools, and work areas following proper sanitation and cleaning procedures to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
· Assists in managing inventory levels of raw materials, packaging supplies, and finished products. Reports any shortages or discrepancies to supervisors.
· Assist in equipment setup, changeovers, and maintenance to ensure uninterrupted production and adherence to quality standards.
· Adhere to ERU food safety policies and all government food safety and sanitation regulations. (ex. FDA, HACCP, GMP, OSHA)
· Adheres to safety guidelines and complies with all safety protocols, including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
· Attends safety and department meetings and completes all required training in a timely manner.
· Identifies and reports potential safety hazards to ensure a safe working environment.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education and/or Experience
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects and controls.
· Occasionally required to carry up to 40 pounds.
· Incidentally required to climb.
· Constantly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
· Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Occasionally pushing/pulling max force of 40 pounds.
· Constantly reaching.
· Constantly required to stand.
· Frequently required to walk, bend, twist, and squat.
· Constantly required to talk and hear.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus naturally or with correction.
Please note that these physical requirements are representative but not exhaustive. The actual physical demands may vary depending on the specific tasks and work conditions within the facility.
(Occasionally = 1-33% of the time; Frequently = 33-66% of the time; Constantly = 66-100% of the time)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Constantly exposed to a moderate level of noise that may make it difficult to concentrate.
· Constantly exposed to wet, humid with slippery conditions, cold environment.
· Occasionally exposed to food grade chemicals required for proper sanitation.
· Frequently exposed to cheese cultures, ammonia, dust, and cellulose (starch powder)
(Occasionally = 1-25% of the time; Frequently = 26-75% of the time; Constantly = 76-100% of the time)