Hanover Park, IL
Now hiring! / Entry Level
ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with comprehensive product offerings. Providing creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. We are guided in our work by five core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, Involvement and Impact.
The safety and health of our team is our top priority. ProAmpac has taken great steps to provide all personal protective equipment and sanitizing supplies to create a safe and healthy work environment for you.
What ProAmpac has to offer:
- Quarterly bonuses: perfect attendance bonus and gainshare program
- 11 paid company holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) with 2 additional personal days
- Paid Vacation & Sick/Personal time
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and other supplemental offerings
- Company-provided life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness program -- living a healthy lifestyle can get you a discount on your health insurance premiums AND other incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
This position is under the direct supervision of the Shift Lead. As a Packer you are responsible for the packing and testing of pouches. The Packer must work closely with the Machine Operator, Quality Control Team and Customer Service Team to assure that all production objectives are efficiency achieved. Must be comfortable working in fast-paced environment while maintaining strict quality standards.
- Ensure efficient production of a quality product on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure that the pouching machinery is working properly and safely.
- Monitor the quality of the material being processed to ensure compliance to company and customer quality specifications. Seek assistance from the operator or supervisor on any quality issue during run.
- Accurately complete all required paperwork, reports, and quality records associated with pouch operations.
- Alert Quality Control of any suspected material non-conformances.
- Pack products neatly in the cartons and stack them neatly on the skids. If you need assistance seek help from your operator.
- Communicate with the next shift for any special instructions, (reason why you couldn't get samples, machine problems, things to look for in quality, etc...)