Nexstar Media Group, Inc.
KSN is looking for an upper-level college student who is ready to jump into the world of TV news! We are looking for someone who has taken journalism and writing classes and is interested to learn more about the broadcast world. Experience with collegiate TV production is not necessary, but great if you have it! Previous experience with print-based journalism also a plus. Internship will include working with multiple team members to learn many different skills in the newsroom, which could include writing for broadcast and digital, shooting and editing video, producing newscasts, working toward putting content on the air. Position could include shadowing producers, reporters, photographers, editors and other newsroom team members. Position is for the 2023 Fall Semester and located in Wichita, Kansas, and will remain open until filled. There is no “normal” schedule in a newsroom, so expect to work odd hours, including weekends, evenings or early mornings. We will be respectful of your college course schedule in your weekly internship schedule. We have hired some of our previous rock-star interns for full-time work – this is a great way to get your foot in the door!
Internship Details :
- Each internship is for 15-20 hours per week for approximately 15-20 weeks
- Will be well supervised and participate in a meaningful learning experience
- Upon completion of the internship, the student will be evaluated by the internship supervisor
Requirements & Skills :
- Must be a college junior/senior with multiple journalism classes completed
- Expected to work 2-3 shifts per week, hours may vary
- A collaborative worker with a willingness to learn
- Previous internship experience a plus, but not required
- Fluency in English, bilingual Spanish a plus
- Collegiate experience in news writing is required; can include AP Style writing for college newspaper, script writing for broadcast, or related assignments