Paint Scheduler: 2nd shift; Monday-Thursday 3:30pm-2:00am
As part of our recent growth, we are seeking an experienced Paint Scheduler to join our team. The ideal candidate will improve the efficiency of painters by ordering jobs in the most effective manner as well as by proper setup and preparation of aerospace parts and paperwork.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Perform set-up for painting; fill out and maintain paperwork; coordinate work flow with painters; and perform other paint shop responsibilities.
- Count parts prior to processing; check for missed processes.
- Utilize production work orders, documents, drawings, specifications, and written or oral instructions to perform tasks necessary to meet production requirements.
- Detect and report defective equipment, materials, and faulty operations to supervisor.
- Maintain written and Visual Manufacturing records.
- Handle hazardous materials safely - add waste to containers, transfer waste to accumulation bins and label containers.
- Mixing paint, managing the mixing room.
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) effectively. This includes maintaining the area of the face where the respirator seals as clean and hair free.
- Filling out appropriate paperwork for paint work orders.
- Managing paint shop supplies.
- Prepare primer for topcoat by sanding.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Follow work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
- Maintain safe working practice’s and ensure area is clean and free of any possible unsafe situations.
- Mix paint for painters and touch up paint.
- Skilled in basic computer functions in a Windows environment and basic literacy in MS Office.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic mathematical skills to the work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team oriented and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Skill in prioritizing and managing a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and/or follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate in English through voice, or American Sign Language or adaptive technology.
The responsibilities of this position may require an individual to access and hold in confidence certain information. This means that information and/or documentation acquired about employees, suppliers, customers, business practices, and all other related information remains confidential.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- At least three to five (3-5) years in positions requiring attention to detail and scheduling.
ITAR – US PERSON STATUS
Due to Skills Inc.’s participation in the defense industry, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requires that access to sensitive information and material pertaining to defense and military related technologies may only be accessed, viewed or shared by US Persons as defined by law.
A "US Person" can be a US citizen; a lawful permanent legal resident or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or asylee.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant standing and walking throughout the workday.
- Ability to lift or move 25 lbs constantly and up to 40 lbs occasionally.
- Occasional sitting at a workstation.
- Frequently grasp and utilize fine manipulation.
- Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment.
- Frequent exposure to moderate noise.
- Frequent exposure to chemicals and fumes.
- Frequent interaction with liquid, aerated and solid dangerous waste.
- Frequently wear eye protection and occasionally wear gloves and/or face masks (Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required). If Paint Helper is required to wear a respirator during the course of their job, they must be clean-shaven daily.
Constant (5-8 hrs. /shift)
Frequent (2-5 hrs. /shift)
Occasional (Up to 2 hrs. /shift)
2nd shift; Monday-Thursday 3:30pm-2:00am
TOTAL REWARDS SUMMARY
At Skills Inc., our most important partnership is the one we share with our employees. We are dedicated to supporting the health and well-being of our employees and their dependents, which is why we offer a comprehensive and valuable benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, paid time off and a 401(k) savings plan to eligible employees.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 3 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 250 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways: direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Salary Range: $17.00 - $22.00
• 2nd shift is eligible for a $.50 cent shift differential
• Paid Vacation*
• Paid Sick
• 401(k) with a percentage company-match contribution*
• Paid holidays*- prorated based on shift
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance*
• Employee Assistance Plan
EEO and ADA STATEMENT
Skills Inc. is committed to cultivating a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We invite employees, participants in our services, vendors, and customers to bring their authentic selves to every interaction. We strive to represent the communities in which we serve. We aspire to see and value people across the spectrums of age, ability, gender, race, sexual orientation, perspectives, and other visible and invisible differences. Skills Inc. embraces equitable practices at the center of our daily work and believe our organization is stronger for it. Skills Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. New responsibilities, activities and duties may be modified or added at any time by a member of the management team.
2nd Shift Monday - Thursday 3:30pm-2:00am ID:uDnQdo