Johnson Thermal Systems, Inc.
OUR COMPANY: Founded in 2006, Johnson Thermal Systems (JTS) is the largest and leading provider of Power Packaging, Power Distribution Centers and Industrial Refrigeration Units. All equipment is designed and manufactured by our team, in our facility. At JTS, we are proud to have a 'work focused' culture that demands the absolute best of our staff. As a company, we are committed to ongoing training and education to support our staff and ensure, every job we complete is right the first time.
Why You Are Needed:
This position is responsible for setting up, operating, or tending a paint pot system to paint sheet metal buildings and steel assemblies.
Essential Functions/Key Job Responsibilities:
Education: High school graduate or GED
3 – 5 years as a painter in a production/metal fabrication facility or similar experience using HVLP gun to paint walls, roofs or ceilings.
- Set up and operate paint pot system to regulate paint flow by adjusting valves to achieve proper paint flow on product.
- Prepare unit and/or parts for paint process.
- Build mil paint thickness without quality defects to meet customer specification.
- Operate auxiliary tools or equipment used in coating or painting processes such as: power washer, sand blaster, and sander.
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by using Zahn cup or other viscosity measuring device or tool.
- Manipulate valves, or switches to regulate air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
- Proper labeling and storage of paint and painting products.
- Timely completion of all in-process documentation.
- Knowledge of use, maintenance, and clean-up of paint pot system.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret work orders, shop orders, quality plans, blue prints, and work instructions to complete tasks.
- Mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions, and ratios.
- Ability to use viscosity measuring device and mil gauge.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
- Being reliable, responsible and dependable
- Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as bending, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching for periods of time throughout an 8 to 10 hour day.
- Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry paint gun and pull paint hose. Pick up and carry paint containers up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Ability to work from ladders and scaffolding up to 20 feet high
- Ability to work on a roof with a ½ inch slope per foot
Work Environment: Industrial manufacturing facility.
What You Will Receive in Return:
- Competitive Salary
- 120 hours of PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Corporate Health Club Membership