Country:United States of America
Location:HAL02: Aerostructures-Foley 1300 West Fern Ave, Foley, AL, 36535 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
*This position is onsite at Foley, AL. Relocation is available for the selected candidate*
- Read and interpret blueprint specifications, SRM’s and shop orders to determine area to be sealed and painted.
- Stir mixture with shaker machine or mix by hand.
- Apply cleaning solvent or other solution to interior and exterior surfaces.
- Clean and roughen the surface of objects to be coated.
- Apply paint primers, clear coat, sealants or adhesives.
- Apply spray release to component or sealing material on coated surface for further protection.
- Complete seal and water testing of components.
- Install foam pockets, seal caps or Velcro.
- Install and seal small detail parts or small sub-assemblies.
- Dispose of hazardous material.
- Mask area for application.
- Mix and deliver sealants to specified areas.
- Maintain inventory of chemicals and paints.
- Participate in area organization and cleaning activities.
- Make placards for cataloging of chemicals.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Operate forklift, overhead crane, tugger (will be trained) and drive a golf cart as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder.
- Must be 18 years old
- Able to stand for 40+ hours
- Able to lift up to 40lbs on a regular basis.
- Prior paint or processor experience is a plus along with blueprint and/or specification reading skills.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand work instructions both verbal and written, perform basic math calculations and conduct self-inspection / audit.
- Able to work varying shifts, including but not limited to nights, weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime as required.
- Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, protective clothing, arm sleeves, dust mask, gloves (rubber or latex) and other PPE as needed for 8+ hours per day.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Advanced Structures team leverages advanced materials and additive manufacturing to develop complex interior and exterior solutions. These solutions ensure structural integrity of the aircraft, help aircraft take off and land, stay trim in the air, move forward, carry cargo and conduct rescues. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.).
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms