Kubota Tractor Corp.
Paint Line Person (Painter) – 2nd Shift – Kipp, KS
Land Pride, a division of Great Plains Mfg, is seeking a 2nd Shift Paint Line Person for our facility in Kipp, KS.
This position works Monday through Thursday, from 3:30 p.m. to 2:00 a.m., with overtime on Fridays as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load Paint lines safely to maximum capacity per the Daily Production Requirements list
- Learn all aspects of prepping unfinished parts for final topcoat
- Download painted parts safely & ensure correct part identification and delivery to correct location to maintain inventory accuracy
- Inspect painted parts at the unload station for any quality defects
- Appropriately pack painted parts to ensure arrival to customer in good condition
- Adapt to all paint line duties, including Load, Prep, Unload, Material Handling & Painting
- Other duties may be assigned that require other qualifications, physical demands, and/or work environment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous paint experience helpful, but not required
- Ability to lift, carry and position parts weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Some forklift experience and experience handling large parts is helpful, but not required
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer skills; familiar with AS400
- Ability to follow inventory control procedures
- Ability to give strong attention to detail and stay on-task in a fast-paced environment
- Have a good understanding of team concepts and be a strong team player
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools; ability to read blueprints and tape measure, when needed
- Capable of embracing a culture of Lean Manufacturing and implementation of change
- Ability to follow all Great Plains and OSHA safety regulations and wear prescribed PPE as required
At Great Plains Manufacturing, our people make the difference, making our company a great place to work and grow. If you are self-motivated, have a passion to succeed and value teamwork, we invite you to apply to join our team. For over 45 years, Great Plains Manufacturing, Inc., has been known as a world-class manufacturer of farm and landscaping equipment in Central Kansas with over 2,000 dedicated employees. Now a Kubota company, Great Plains Manufacturing continues its dedication toward innovation and professional growth, while maintaining our "family" culture and community values. Grow with us! Visit our Careers page at www.WorkForGPM.com.