West Sacramento, CA
Shifts: day & graveyard
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Salary: $20.15-$23.57 DOE
**Incumbent eligible for a $500 signing bonus payable after 6 months of continuous service**
Medical benefits eligible first of the month following 28 days of employment. All other benefits eligible first of the month following 90 days of employment.
401(k) with generous Company match
Health Savings Account
Flexible Spending Account
Paid time off
Employee Referral Program
Position Overview: Operates machines that perform one or more packaging functions such as palletizing, banding, tying, packing, or wrapping containers by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at all times.
- Starts machine and observes operation to detect malfunctions of machine.
- Stops machine and reports malfunction to supervisor.
- Cleans the Palletizer machines and area, following specific work instructions.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Perform the required testing, monitoring, and recording of packaging checks.
- Notify Supervisor when material/package quality issues are observed.
- Stop production and place the out of specification product on hold.
- Notify Supervisor/Maintenance of any equipment issues.
- Before start-up of a new flavor, sweep the line to ensure all containers of the previous flavor have been removed from the cooler, labeler and case packer areas.
- Operates the bailing machine and removes bails of cardboard.
- Operates the floor scrubber and cleans the floors.
- Complete accurate documentation.
- Complete and turn in Labeler and Case Packer Inspection Sheets.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Demonstrated ability to meet productivity standards.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Strong ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as well as working in a team.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a professional attitude, and produces accurate work product.
- Must be enthusiastic and proactive.
- Must have a cooperative attitude.
- Must have the ability to follow-up.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.), 6 months of experience in a bottling facility.Has completed all stages necessary to achieve the Depalletizer I Operator competency -or- an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in math.
Language Skills: English proficiency required. Spanish is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes.
Amount of Travel Involved: None.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, climb up and down stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, and lift. The employee is occasionally required to perform repetitive motion. The employee is seldom required to crawl, push, pull, or grasp. The employee must frequently lift and /or move 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds. The employee must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. The employee is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as operate production machines where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and environmental conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, extreme heat, vibration, atmospheric conditions that could affect the respiratory system, and must function in narrow aisles or passageways. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Nor-Cal Beverage Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer-----M/F/D/V