Paper Mill E/I Maintenance Supervisor
ND Paper, a leading paper product manufacturer in the US with approx. $1 billion annual sales, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, with $10 billion annual sales. We are an environmentally-friendly company that manufactures various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials. Our mills in Rumford, Maine and Biron Wisconsin are integrated paper & pulp facilities, and our mill in Fairmont, West Virginia is one of only three in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. Our fourth mill in Old Town, ME produces softwood kraft pulp. We are proud of our 1400 dedicated employees, who together produce more than 1.2 million short tons of pulp & paper annually.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team! ND Paper offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced E/I Maintenance Supervisor to join our team.
The Paper Mill E/I Maintenance Supervisor will work under the direction of the Paper Mill Maintenance Superintendent. This is a full-time salaried position. The hours of the position will be Monday through Thursday 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM with additional hours as needed to support the operation of a 24/7 manufacturing operation, including weekend coverage.
- Demonstrate safety as a core value and establish a safe work environment by actively leading the safe execution of work
- Lead and supervise the E&I crew promoting safety and precision maintenance.
- Execute planned and unplanned work, including shutdown plans, to meet department goals.
- Actively be a safety leader by engaging maintenance crew in daily safety discussions.
- Forward thinking to help drive innovation and decision making.
- Ability to learn SAP and to utilize system capabilities. SAP experience a plus.
- Apply the concepts of precision maintenance to ensure the equipment is properly maintained and repaired.
- Focus on eliminating failures to reduce machine downtime by ensuring proper preventative maintenance is completed and shutdown and routine work is properly executed.
- Work closely with maintenance planner along with production counterparts to execute work and improve equipment reliability.
- Coach and develop E&I maintenance crews through training and problem resolution.
- Work with counterparts throughout organization to understand mill wide needs and support others as needed.
- Candidate should have at least 3+ years of industrial E&I maintenance experience preferably in a paper mill environment. A minimum of an associate’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Candidate must have knowledge of instrumentation, valves, motors, drives, PLC’s etc.
- Candidate must be very flexible, and able to manage multiple priorities, both short and long term in nature.
- Candidate must possess the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, both hourly and management.
- Candidate must model the Rumford Mill’s values and achieve results through safe work practices, cross-functional participation, manufacturing excellence, integrity and respect for others.
Attributes for Success:
- Hard work – tackle each task with determination, passion and creativity; the willingness to put in whatever effort is required to successfully complete the job at hand
- Pursuit of Excellence – strive to consistently exceed expectations in our day-to-day work and outperform our competitors in the marketplace, regarding work and company achievements as a collaborative goal with the desire to go above and beyond
- Integrity - treat the company and teammates with upmost respect, operating on strong moral codes to drive company values and culture
- Sense of Urgency – drive forward each day with speed, agility, and flexibility to capture unrealized opportunities and avoid potential risks for the business
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – act like an owner, challenging the status quo, asking the right questions, and actively seeking ways to innovate and improve
- Adaptability – be fluid with ND Paper’s continuous evolution while driving change in a fast-paced environment, equipped with the ability to acclimate quickly.
- Servant Leadership – set an example by implementing meaningful leadership with heart, empathy, foresight and stewardship.
No unsolicited resumes - ND Paper does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume you submit to us will immediately become the property of ND Paper. If you would like to become a recruiter for ND Paper, please contact us and we will agree in writing to terms and the specific job roles for which you are authorized to recruit.