Smith & Wesson Corp.
Who We Are
Since 1852 Smith & Wesson has empowered Americans with the freedom, equality, and security promised by the Declaration of Independence and guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. It is this sense of safety and security that frees us to pursue our goals and dreams, define our future, and fulfill the promise of America.
Health, Dental & Vision
Prescription Drug Coverage
Employee Assistance Program
Group Life Insurance
Investment 401K Plan & Profit Sharing
Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Paid Vacation, Holidays & Winter Shutdown
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Product Discounts
Maryville, TN (in-office/non-remote)
Scope of the Job
Smith & Wesson seeks a Paralegal/Legal Assistant to work closely with the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel to effectively manage the company's legal and compliance functions. The successful candidate will report to the Associate General Counsel and be expected to operate independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Support the Associate General Counsel in connection with litigation and records retention.
- Provide litigation support, including gathering information and documents in response to discovery requests and responding to subpoenas.
- Work with counsel to manage e-discovery issues, litigation holds and the Company's records management program.
- Maintain the Legal Department's matter management database.
- Provide other support as needed in Company litigation matters.
- Handle other matters as they may be assigned by the General Counsel, including assisting with budgeting and completing discrete projects.
- Handle matters of a confidential nature.
- Interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Operate with a mindset of continuous improvement, including by actively identifying opportunities to simplify and enhance processes.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- Associated Degree in business or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience performing general office duties, with experience working in an in-house legal department or at a law firm viewed as a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- High ethical standards; high degree of initiative, self-motivation and independent judgment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to Company values, policies, procedures and controls
- Desire to be a high performer and a team player
Language and Computer Skills
- Must have strong command of the English language, in both verbal and written communications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint is desired.
- Complete all necessary training as required by assigned department and position.
- Participate in and follow all company initiatives.
- Normal office environment conditions apply to this role. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- The use of personal protective equipment may be required when on a factory floor.
- All employees are required to apply ergonomic principles to all job tasks.
- Within our manufacturing facilities, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures and industrial lighting.