Part Time Casual Delivery Driver Shrewsbury
Delaware Valley Floral Group, Inc.
For over 60 years Delaware Valley Floral Group has been providing professional retail florists with the finest in fresh cut flowers and greens, floral supplies, and botanicals. Delaware Valley Floral Group, Inc. began as a small family business in 1959 and has grown to become one of the largest floral distribution companies in the United States. Our modern, 100,000+ square foot Corporate Headquarters, located in Sewell, New Jersey, is supplemented by satellite Logistics, Distribution, and Sales facilities in Edison, NJ, Jessup, MD, Hauppauge, NY, Syracuse, NY, East Berlin, CT, Wilkes-Barre, PA, Shrewsbury, MA, Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH, Richmond, VA and Oxnard, CA.
Delaware Valley Floral Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work force at all levels of the business thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Potential Quarterly Safety Incentive Bonus: earn up to $1500 per year!
Delaware Valley Floral Group is seeking a Part Time Delivery Driver to join our Shrewsbury, MA Distribution Team.
This is a part-time route driver position operating a refrigerated box truck delivering wholesale floral products to retail flower shops throughout Boston, 495 North and South, Route 128 North and South, and/or Rhode Island areas. The work schedule is Casual/TBD.
- Ability to obtain DOT Medical Certification and have a valid Class D Drivers License (no CDL required) within the state you reside. Employee must maintain an acceptable driving record, which is checked two times per year.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds
- Professional and pleasant disposition, able to give all clients a positive customer service experience.
- Previous professional experience driving commercial vehicles of various sizes (i.e. 16 foot+).
- Ability to read maps or utilize GPS to determine daily route.
- Previous use of Route Optimization Software a plus, but not required.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screenings.