Part-Time Service Department
The Service Department Part-Time has a wide range of responsibilities to assist the service department in providing excellent customer service to PrairieLand Partners (PLP) customers and service technicians. The Service Department P/T Reports to the Service Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive company vehicle and trailer loaded with lawn mowers to and from customers property.
- Properly document and store customers equipment onto trailer during pick-up/delivery process.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations when performing work assignments
- Accounts for all time and material used in performing assigned duties.
- Maintains a good rapport with PLP customers and service technicians.
- Performs other duties as required and necessary to ensure the success of PrairieLand Partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to consistently promote, support, work, and act in a manner in support of PrairieLand Partners vision, mission, and values.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and peers in person, on the phone, and in writing.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) equivalent is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Passing a driving record (MVR), criminal history background checks, employment verification, and drug screen will be required prior to the start of employment.
- Ability to operate vehicles, tools, and equipment used in machinery pre-delivery processes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional outdoor work in extreme weather conditions (hot/cold); walking on uneven terrain; occasional exposure to insects.
- Occasional exposure to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required including cold weather gear, eye protection, gloves, and provided uniform.
- A clean and safety-conscientious working environment is required.
- Work may involve long hours and overtime during holidays, weekends, and evenings.
- Required to rotate on-call responsibilities for up to one week at a time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, walk on unpaved terrain, talk, reach with arms and hands, have good manual dexterity, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, handle or feel, hear alarms/telephones/normal speaking voice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May involve climbing ladders, stairs, steps, and traversing catwalk grating, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, and kneeling on a frequent basis and working in confined space and manual dexterity required to complete work tasks through safe and proper operation of power and hand tools, and motor vehicles.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Moving, positioning, and carrying loads of up to 5 pounds upstairs and loading on four-foot-high surfaces frequently.
- Moderate physical work involving lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds frequently and 75 pounds occasionally.