Custom One Truck Source
Custom Truck One Source has changed the way the industry looks at specialized truck and heavy equipment solutions. With sales, rentals, aftermarket parts and service, equipment customization, re-manufacturing, financing solutions, and asset disposal, our team of experts, vast equipment breadth and integrated network of locations across North America offer superior service and unmatched efficiency for our customers. Your success is what's next with Custom Truck One Source.
We have a great opportunity for a Parts Associate in our Williston, ND location!
The Parts Associate will be responsible for quoting, ordering, and stocking parts for the service department, to assure deadlines and cost-effective goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist managers and technicians in determining parts and accessories needed for tasks by researching trucks, truck bodies, and aerial equipment parts as needed.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of parts associated with your ordering department.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Maintain a proper parts inventory and ordering of stock items.
- Create and maintain parts numbers, suppliers and the parts master file
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Locate and build relationships with aftermarket vendors for parts.
- Locate availability of parts if they are not in stock and place parts purchase orders.
- Provide quotes/costs of parts for repair orders.
- Verify all parts are correctly applied to each repair order.
- Proactively follow up on back ordered parts and communicate delivery dates of incoming parts.
- Provide assistance to other branches during interbranch requests and other various parts questions.
- Assist with the year-end physical inventory.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Previous parts purchasing experience
- Knowledge of heavy and light duty trucks and equipment preferred
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Valid driver's license required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Set priorities and adapt to changing work priorities
- Must be self-sufficient and driven
- Must have a strong attendance record
- Proficient on a computer and have the ability to learn new programs quickly. Must be able to use Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook). Must be able to work independently and create innovative solutions to problems with minimal direction from supervisors.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing a positive service experience. This includes internal client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- A positive attitude and willingness to maintain a professional demeanor with clients and team members is essential
- Ability to see things in close proximity whether through natural or corrected vision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally.
- The ability to work as scheduled with punctual attendance 7:00 am-4:00 pm, Monday-Friday plus any additional hours/days necessary in order to meet business demands.
- Majority of work performed in shop or parts office setting
- May be exposed to bright lights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, dust, gas and/or fumes.
- Lifting – The ability to bend, stoop and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing; significant stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Competitive Health Care
- Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Holidays
- STD/ LTD
- Partner Discounts
- Investment in Employee Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
Custom Truck One Source provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.