Parts Counter Sales Representative
North Central Utility Of Wisconsin, LLC
North Central Utility (NCU) is one of the largest semi-trailer dealers in the world helping support the transportation industry and the critical movement of goods. A large portion of our business helps support refrigerated carriers that transport temperature-sensitive food and materials throughout North America.
As a representative & Team Member of our Parts Department, you will perform a wide variety of work assignments maintaining established Company and Industry Standards.
Under the Parts Manager, you will work effectively representing Counter Sales (primary), and Parts Warehouse (secondary). You will ensure outstanding Parts Department Customer Service consistently.
- Ensure outstanding customer service with walk-in counter sales as well as incoming telephone calls for the Parts Department
- Have a positive attitude, pleasant demeanor, excellent communication skills (including listening/talking/email)
- Build strong Customer Relationships, and develop new business accounts.
- Demonstrate outstanding heavy-duty truck and trailer parts knowledge and skills in responding to a high volume of customer requests
- Work effectively as a member of our Parts Team
- Identify and research customer requests, providing solutions to our customers’ needs in an expedient manner
- Sell product features and benefits as well as our Company features and benefits.
- Valid State Driver’s License (CDL not required) with a clean driving record
- Minimum 3 years Parts counter/sales/warehouse experience strongly preferred. Automotive/Industrial encouraged to apply
- Forklift certification will be provided and required
- Ability to read, communicate, and respond to internal procedures and documentation directly with customers and internal staff (e.g. at the counter, via telephone, via email)
- Ability to utilize computer skills in completing Parts Department procedures and documentation.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds intermittently; a minimum of 50 pounds consistently
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting, reaching, lifting, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, and repetitive motion with strength, stamina, and control is required
Must be able to lift a range of 40 – 75 pounds intermittently and 10-30 pounds consistently. Frequent standing, sitting, reaching, lifting, bending, squatting and repetitive motion require strength, stamina, and control required.
Mechanical Aptitude with an understanding of vehicle system operation and parts identification. Completion of safety, lifting and forklift training meeting is required, and industry standards.
Ability to communicate proficiently with Customers and co-workers via “in person”, telephone, and email. Ability to read, communicate and respond to internal procedures and documentation. Basic computer skills are required.
This is a safety-sensitive position and requires Cannabis/THC screening
Hours of Work: 1st Shift: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM