PCBA SMT Process Technician (First Shift)
Flex, a Fortune global 500 company, is the diversified manufacturing partner of choice that helps market-leading brands design, build and deliver innovative products that improve the world. We believe in the power of diversity and inclusion and cultivate a workplace culture of belonging that views uniqueness as a competitive edge and builds a community that enables our people to push the limits of innovation to make great products that create value and improve people's lives. A career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference and invest in your growth in a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative environment. If you are excited about a role but don't meet every bullet point, we encourage you to apply and join us to create the extraordinary.
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we’re looking to add a PCBA SMT Process Technician located in Austin, TX.
Reporting to the Process Engineering Director, the PCBA SMT Process Technician role provides assembly method engineering support in the development, implementation, and documentation of production processes in the manufacturing of electronic assemblies.
Schedule: First Shift - 7:00AM through 3:30PM, Monday through Friday.
What a typical day looks like:
- Administers SMT programs to verify accurate placement, adhesive dispense, Screen Printer, Paste Inspection, Oven, AOI, Xray and/or Coating programs for accuracy.
- Supports manufacturing production via diagnosis of placement and process issues and applies corrective actions.
- Balances line and machines for optimal Standard Placement Rate.
- Makes corrections to programs and submits software change forms.
- Incorporates changes to product revision, performs line changes, and facilitates the transfer of programs and associated documentation to and from the site.
- Electro-mechanical machine programming and troubleshooting for SMT processes starting with Laser etch going though post reflow 3D AOI
In addition to the above, the following duties may be performed.
- Uses CAD data, Gerbers, Fab Drawings, Centroid data, Customer BOM’s, Fabmaster, assembly drawings, and panel drawings to generate programs for placement equipment.
- Generates visual aids and setup documentation for manufacturing.
- Programs multiple types of electro mechanical automated machines (including placement, screen print, optical inspection equipment, and dispensing)
- Takes customer schedule (provided by CFT) and develops programs by schedule.
- Provides input to capacity planning team through scheduling tools.
- Maintains libraries of programs, profiles, and part data by customer and project.
- In some cases, maintenance duties are performed.
The experience we’re looking to add to our team:
- Typically requires a minimum of an AA Degree, military technical training or equivalent vocational training. Typically requires 3 years of related experience.
- Use of the following tools: Electronic Assembly: color code, component, schematics, PCB touch-up, commercial soldering, mechanical assembly, PCB point to point wiring.
What you’ll receive for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategoryProduction EngineeringRelocation: Eligible for domestic relocation only
Is Sponsorship Available?NoFlex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the application process. Please email [email protected] and we'll discuss your specific situation and next steps (NOTE: this email does not accept or consider resumes or applications. This is only for disability assistance. To be considered for a position at Flex, you must complete the application process first). ID:uDnQdo