Perfect Binder Operator I – Weekend Shift
William O'Neil & Co., Inc.
Founded in 1973, O’Neil Digital Solutions (ODS) is a leading IT consulting firm specializing in the optimization of complex end-to-end business process systems for a multitude of business verticals including Financial Services, Digital Media, Healthcare, and Transportation industries. ODS provides high-touch bespoke software engineering, systems integration, and infrastructure management services to clients of all sizes and industries. From large scale mass communication projects to highly secure and confidential data analytics using Big Data frameworks like Hadoop and AWS Redshift, ODS has a broad set of proven technical capabilities that help companies make complex digital transformations. ODS offers state of the art publishing solutions through our customer-centric applications and services include electronic document delivery, web applications, high-speed digital printing (color and black & white), automated composition, offset printing, warehousing and fulfillment services. ODS is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and also has offices/plants in Texas and North Carolina centrally located to serve clients across the country.
The Perfect Binder Operator I operates and maintains the Kolbus Binder that produces various printed materials. The operator is responsible for operation of the binder as well as the maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsbile for the efficient make-ready and operation of machine
- Continuous review of job ticket specifications to meet customer and productivity commitments
- Adjusting and maintaining gluing units, trimmer and milling stations
- Operate equipment in a safe manner including adhering to established company guidelines
- Maintains equipment, troubleshoots equipment problems, performs prescribed preventative maintenance on equipment as required and identify repairs if needed
- Makes adjustments as required to return output to the proper specifications
- Accepts and receives supervision and assistance with regard to machine setup
- Inspect and evaluate reject sheets, signatures and/or waste
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition
- Properly change consumables
- Set-up the cover feeder
- Adjust cameras and scanner as needed
- Communicates status of jobs to department manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements
- High School graduate, or completion of GED required
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Bindery environment (operating either Harris, Kolbus, Muller Martini Perfect Binding Equipment)
- Mechnical ability to effectively perform equipment operation and general maintenance
- Perform all work and activities with honesty and integrity
- Take personal responsibility for productivity, quality and timeliness of work
- Effectively communicate (and listen) clearly, professionally, politely and persuasively in all situations; respond well and in a reasonable, timely manner
- Challenge conventional practices and use creativity and information to lead, innovate, problem solve, and implement ideas to contribute to the growth of the organization
- Support and meet company/department goals and core values
- Collaborate with co-workers to achieve common goals
Must be able to perform the essential job duties. Work may be performed in an office, warehouse and/or manufacturing environment. Requires the ability to perform the following activities for the majority of the day: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch or climb. In addition requires the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds. May be exposed to noise and be required to wear hearing protection for the duration of the shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer
O'Neil Digital Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.