Pest Control Tech
Daybreak Foods, Inc.
Eagle Grove, IA
The primary function of this position is to oversee and implement an integrated pest management program
- Walk pits and cage rows once a week to estimate pest population in all houses.
- Operate different spraying equipment to apply pesticides to buildings and grounds.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly pesticide application schedules.
- Monitor pest populations on the entire complex.
- Maintain all spraying and other pest control equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Education, GED or equivalency preferred
- Technical Training (Preferred)
- Pass Pesticide Applicators and Handler Examination
- Certified in Category 7A General and Household Pest Management applicator.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Be willing to learn maintenance and operating techniques for different pressurized spraying systems.
- Be able to read and understand mixing directions on different chemicals
- A good understanding of how to shut off and stop equipment is required.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Be willing to be trained in any of the above areas.
Stand and walk constantly; grip, grasp, push, pull, reach, bend, stoop, lift up to 10 pounds frequently; sit, climb, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and airborne particles. Temperature varies in relation to the outside temperature. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Proper personal protective equipment will be required during certain working conditions.