PGT Glass Plant Production Team Member (All Shifts!)
Tasks in assembly plant include, but our not limited to:
- Weather Stripping
- Glass/Frame Cleaning
- Bead Installation
- Grill Kit Installation
- Muntin Application
- Chop Saw
- Off Loading
Tasks in glass operations include, but our not limited to:
- Clave Offloading
- Cart Pusher Operation
- Logo to Glass Application
- Offloading to Carts
- Identifying Defects
- Glass Disposal
- Ability to complete all tasks within required position capably and efficiently.
- Understands and promotes team and company culture.
- Understands and follows company policies, such as attendance and conduct.
- Embraces employee’s role in profit sharing and makes positive contributions.
- Demonstrates teamwork skills and gives best effort under all circumstances. Consistently focuses on assigned task both physically and mentally. Avoids and discourages excessive idle conversations during non-break times.
- Respects and appreciates diversity of others.
- Contributes daily to achieving team goals.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to be flexible (i.e. alternate tasks, support other mfg. lines).
- Understands safety regulations and routinely wears PPE and ensures team members follow PPE guidelines.
- Promptly applies efficient and thorough responses to accidents.
- Understand that overtime required with short notice.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Prolonged standing for 8/10/12 hours, dependent on work schedule
- Varying degrees of temperature (i.e. high humidity, heat during summer months)
- Workplace atmosphere contains different dust levels dependent on machinery
- Noise levels moderate to high; Hearing protection mandatory on manufacturing floor (PPE)
- Safety shoes w/steel toes mandatory on manufacturing floor (PPE)
- Safety glasses mandatory on manufacturing floor (PPE)
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. frequently
- Occasionally lift/carry up to 100 lbs.
- Reaching overhead - occasional
- Bending/turning/twisting - frequently.
- Pushing/Pulling up to 100 lbs. on cart – occasional.
- Kneeling/squatting - occasional
- Repetitious movements (hands/wrists) during assembling of product - frequently
- Use of appropriate gloves when handling glass product
Physical presence in workplace required.