Phantom Works Mid Level Software Engineer
Phantom Works Mid Level Software Engineer
Company:The Boeing Company
Location:USA - Berkeley, MO
Job Description Qualifications:
The Boeing Company is currently seeking Mid Level Software Engineers to join the Phantom Works team located in Berkley, MO. This position will focus on developing Mission Systems software for the Air Dominance Division of Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
While the specific details of this program cannot be disclosed in this forum, we are developing a variety of software components specifically for this program, utilizing open architecture design constructs, modern software development tools and processes with multi-use across Boeing Mission System programs.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Implementation of open architecture constructs like Open Mission Systems (OMS), Open Communication Standard (OCS); utilizing the Universal Command and Control Interface (UCI).
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Performs software project management and software supplier management functions.
- Develops, selects, tailors and deploys software processes, tools and metrics.
- Executes and documents software research and development projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations.
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.
- Works under general direction.
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain Secret US Security clearance Post-Start.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree
- 5+ experience programming in C, C++, C#, Python, Java, or Ada
- 1+ experience with developing embedded real-time software
- 1+ experience with requirements, design, development, and test of software systems products
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience developing mission systems software on aircraft platforms
- Experience developing and documenting software architecture using Cameo, or similar Model Based Systems Engineering tools
- Experience with Open Architecture standards, such as OMS
- Experience with DevSecOps and/or complex software build plans
- Experience with integrating/utilizing AvionX Defense Mission Computing (DMC) software
- Experience working on an Agile team using Agile methodologies and tools such as Jira
- Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- Ability to obtain special program access
- Strong coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment while supporting multiple concurrent activities
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience)
In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range for Experienced: $104,550.00 - $141,450.00
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation:Relocation is available for eligible candidates, if authorized
Export Control Requirement:U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Safety Sensitive:This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award ProgramThis position is not contingent upon program award
Experience Level:Individual Contributor - 3
Job Code:6J7BI3 (6D6)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
Right to Work Statement
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)