Bernhard’s core mission is delivering innovative engineering, construction, and energy solutions that empower our clients and promote a sustainable future. Bernhard is comprised of four divisions: Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering and Development, each with a distinct identity and service offerings. The intersection of our capabilities enables Bernhard to provide turnkey Energy-as-a-Service (“EaaS”) solutions to our clients. At the same time, our divisions continue working in the market sectors and communities that the Company has traditionally served. Bernhard’s vision is to be the leading EaaS provider in North America through delivery of excellent, high value service and innovative solutions for our clients.
Purpose and Essential Duties:
The Pipe Welder will perform welding procedures according to code based on the project needs and specifications.
- Perform welding tasks at a level that meets job specifications.
- Mark the welds made as directed by company policy.
- Clean and paint all welds as required by the job specifications.
- Assist Fitter as needed.
- Complete and maintain a weld map if required.
This position is Full Time, Non-Exempt, and reports to the Pipefitter Foreman.
Required Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Must be able to pass a 6G SMAW & GMAW X-ray test.
- Must be able to weld 30in bore pipe.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in commercial mechanical piping.
- Basic OSHA 10 hour safety.
- Operate an oxygen and acetylene burning rig, cutting and beveling pipe.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
- Infrequent travel to Company or client locations. Approximately 10% of time will be spent traveling.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 50lbs, be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, climb, kneel and twist. Must be able to climb ladders, work both inside and outside, and around moving equipment safely.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that diverse candidates are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Bernhard, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Bernhard is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and participates in the e-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.ID:uDnQdo