Position DescriptionAre you interested in being an Apprentice, working towards your NYS Certification to become a Pipefitter?
Eastman Kodak is looking to hire Apprentices to support our growing Kodak Brand, Film and Imaging Division in Rochester, NY.
As a Pipefitter Apprentice, you will receive competitive pay and benefits with incremental increases over the course of the 5-year program as you achieve set milestones. You will work directly with a Journeyman, (a highly skilled Pipefitter) for on-the-job training and receive company paid schooling to meet the New York State Department of Labor Certification requirements.
Previous experience and course work credit will be granted in accordance with Department of Labor Apprentice guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that a safe work environment is maintained.
- Work with a skilled journeyman while training as a pipefitter.
- Update your Apprentice Training Record book daily to record your work as it relates to the required on-the-job training.
- Attend classes that relate to your trade as required (typically 2 per year) and receive a satisfactory grade.
- Learn to maintain maintenance records and exchange information with others as necessary.
- Learn to communicate with operators, mechanics, supervisors, and engineers on equipment status and path forward.
- Must be willing to occasionally work extended hours if necessary to meet deadlines or to ensure resolution of plant problems.
- Ability to work in process lighting conditions on infrequent occasions.
- High school graduate.
- Ability to maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to develop good trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to develop some computer skills.
- Proactive and self-directed.
- Effective working individually or as part of a team.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated electrical or mechanical skills through WEMOCO or equivalent experience.
Hours may vary based on department needs
EOE Policy StatementKodak is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are free to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or any other Federal or State legally protected classes. Read our EOE Policy Statement.
Employment Sponsorship NotificationAny candidate/applicant requiring sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status will not be considered for this position. Kodak as an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage you to look for jobs where sponsorship will be provided.