Bilfinger is a leading international industrial services provider, active primarily in Continental Europe, Northwest Europe, North America, and the Middle East. With over 4,500 skilled employees in North America, Bilfinger delivers its services across multiple industries that include petrochemical, oil & gas, consumer goods, energy and utilities, and government services. Bilfinger has offices in 40 states, and our project portfolio covers the entire value chain from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, maintenance, plant expansion, and turnarounds to environmental technologies and digital applications. We have over 100 years of industrial experience on projects as small as $500 and as large as $40M, performed in every time zone of the United States.
Bilfinger is currently seeking Pipefitters
Lay out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and maintains piping and piping systems. This position requires the following essential duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safety is a priority; employee must understand construction risks and bring them to the attention of their supervisor.
- Selects materials/equipment and plans layout and assembly, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties/reactions of metal, and welding techniques.
- Bolts, clamps, and prepares materials for welding.
- May repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Operates cutting equipment and various power and hand tools.
- Helps determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Works closely with pipe welder.
- Follows all quality requirements.
- Helps inspects and maintains gas equipment, including changing gauges, repairing hoses, etc.
- Help test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on project requirements.
- Read blueprints and drawings, and plan layout and procedures.
- Load, transport, and unload tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Assist in rigging, lifting, positioning, and securing of material and work pieces during assembly and installation.
- Perform minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Observe and comply with all safety and project rules.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Minimum 3 years of pipefitter experience in an industrial setting.
- High School Diploma/GED and completion or craft apprenticeship.
- NCCER certification is a plus.
- Must be proficient in reading blueprint and isometric drawings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills required.
- Willingness to travel.
- Must wear PPE in designated areas.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work individually and in a team.
- Must be able to perform the essential physical requirements listed below in harsh and/or stressful conditions.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to reach with arms and use tools above/over the head.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements.
- Ability to use hands to grasp.
- Ability to stand (for extended periods), walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist.
- Ability to sit, balance and climb ladders, scaffolds, and other objects.
- Ability to carry tools.
- Ability to move in and around confined and cluttered places and uneven areas.
- Ability to work up to a 12-hour shift in all weather and temperature extremes.
- Vision adequate to perform all required tasks.
Please reach out to Velma Arismendez ([email protected] ) in case of any questions related to this position.
Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.