Bernhard’s core mission is delivering innovative engineering, construction, and energy solutions that empower our clients and promote a sustainable future. Bernhard is comprised of four divisions: Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering, and Development, each with a distinct identity and service offerings. The intersection of our capabilities enables Bernhard to provide turnkey Energy-as-a-Service (“EaaS”) solutions to our clients. At the same time, our divisions continue working in the market sectors and communities that the Company has traditionally served. Bernhard’s vision is to be the leading EaaS provider in North America through the delivery of excellent, high-value service and innovative solutions for our clients.
The position is Full time, Non-Exempt , and reports to the Foreman.
Purpose and Essential Duties:
The pipefitter will work on commercial mechanical projects ranging from office buildings and hotels to hospitals perform welding procedures according to code based on the project needs and specifications. Handle laying out, assembling, installing, and maintaining mechanical piping systems, and pipe supports, and welding when needed. Specific responsibilities include:
- Test and perform quality control on all mechanical pipe systems.
- Lay out pipe systems, hanger and equipment from drawings and job specifications.
- Install all mechanical piping systems and connect piping to equipment.
- Perform welding tasks at a level that meets job specifications.
- Mark the welds made as directed by company policy.
- Clean and paint all welds as required by the job specifications.
- Complete and maintain a weld map if required.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in assembling and installing a variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings, including iron, steel, copper, and plastic.
- Skilled in connecting pipes, using threaded, soldered, brazed, fused, solvent welded joints, pressed and grooved.
- Ability to secure pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers, using hand tools and power tools.
- Use oxygen and acetylene rig to cut and bevel pipe, angle iron, brackets, etc.
- Read and understand isometric drawings.
- Ability to layout, miter fittings and fabrication of branch saddles.
- Ability to fit open butt-weld and socket-weld joints.
- Must be able to pass a 6G SMAW Bend test, or X-ray test.
- Minimum 2 years of experience preferred in commercial mechanical piping.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Basic OSHA 10 hour safety preferred
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Infrequent travel to Company or client locations. Approximately 10% of the time will be spent travelling.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements
- Must be able to lift heavy objects up to 50lbs, be able to bend/stoop, squat/crouch, climb, kneel and twist. Must be able to climb ladders, work both inside and outside, and around moving equipment safely.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that diverse candidates are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Bernhard, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Bernhard is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities, and participates in the e-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by lawID:uDnQdo