Pipefitter Night Shift
At WeldFit, the position of Pipefitter Night Shift (4 pm - 4 am) is responsible for fit up and assembly of pipe spools and assorted diameter pipe fittings by performing the duties and responsibilities below.
Other Duties / Expectations:
- Prepare and set up appropriate tools and equipment needed to fit up assemblies as shown on the contract drawings.
- Ensure that custom made fit up gears (i.e. shims, clamps, pull/push bars, etc.) are maintained and properly stored or kept.
- Maintain good housekeeping in his work of responsibility.
- Take good care of equipment from welding machines to turning rolls etc.
- Double check parts or components to be assembled.
- Check completed work prior to final welding to ensure conformity to drawings and procedures.
- Communicate with the welding lead in all aspects and phases (safety, productivity and quality) of work.
- Always achieve high production with good quality output.
- Work and think safety at all times.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and climb
- Capability of lifting up to 75 lbs. on a regular basic
- High Level of manual dexterity
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to distinguish various colors / color coding
- Ability to pass vision test
- Willing to admit to hearing baseline test
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 3 years experience working on pipe spool and/or assorted diameter pipe fittings
- Verbal Communication in English
- English Reading Skills
- English Writing Skills
- 2 Hole Flanges
- Time Management Skills
- Basic Layout Skills
- Blueprint Reading Skills
- Mathematic Aptitude