Plant / Loader Operator – Maintenance (Asphalt Plant)
John R. Jurgensen Co.
Valley Asphalt is seeking individuals who excel at multitasking and are looking for a hands-on environment. We are currently hiring full-time Asphalt Plant/Loader Operators in the Dayton, Ohio area. Ideal candidates would have some experience within asphalt plant operations, maintenance background, and a proven safety track record. Successful candidates would be willing to learn, eagerness to take initiative, and hard working. Don’t have the experience yet? Don’t worry! We are willing to train and develop the right candidates!
Loader Operator Responsibilities:
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks on equipment
- Previous knowledge of OSHA / MSHA regulations
- Ability to operate other pieces of equipment if needed
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Loader Operator Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of high school diploma / GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of an aggregate plant and aggregate mining operations
- CAT and John Deere front end loader experience
- Minimum of three (3) experience operating front end loaders
Loader Operator Skills:
- Excellent verbal, written, telephone, and communication skills
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics
- Able to meet deadlines or production based goals consistently.
Loader Operator Working Conditions:
- Able to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to climb 70-80 ft.
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs and work in inclement weather
- Flexible schedule with ability to work overtime, and weekends if needed