The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you're supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: Avon, New York
Welcome to Avon! Avon is located just 25 miles south of Rochester, NY. Avon is a community in Western New York State situated on the east bank of the Genesee River in Livingston County. Visitors will enjoy the opportunity to explore the parks, including the Park Circle with its memorials to those who have fought for our country, Gilbert Berry Park with access to the Genesee River and others. Landmarks to watch for include the Five Arch Bridge, the Avon Inn and the marker identifying the site of the first mill in the Genesee Valley. The Kraft Heinz Avon factory is home to Oscar Mayer Lunchables and Cool Whip. This facility offers employees many opportunities to grow their careers while supporting and driving the company strategies. It also provides the opportunity to network with the Kraft Heinz R&D Facility located in Glenview, IL as well as the Kraft Heinz Corporate office located in Chicago, IL.
The Avon Plant Manager drives the success of Kraft Heinz through operational guidance of our plant strategy to meet customer and consumer needs. The Plant Manager leads overall plant objectives by setting production performance standards and aligning leadership to achieve those standards, lives and breathes employee engagement, thrives off of change management and embodies our core values: We Are Consumer Obsessed, We Dare to Do Better Every Day, We Demand Diversity, We Champion Great People and We Own It. Responsible for the execution of all manufacturing operations including Product, Planning, Quality Assurance, Sanitation, Maintenance, Purchasing, Safety, Shipping, Receiving and Materials Controls, all in conformance with Kraft Heinz policies and all applicable regulatory and legal requirements. Responsible for coordination and communication of the operations forecast, including the identification of key financial operating risks and potential offsets. Supports all strategic efforts to generate new sales and maintain the existing customer base.
The Plant Manager is responsible for over 250 employees both hourly and salaried in operations as well as the support functions at the Avon, NY facility.
**Key Responsibilities and Major Tasks **
- Supervise and monitor manufacturing operations to meet or exceed safety requirements, quality standards, delivery goals, and cost objectives through effective utilization of personnel, equipment, and facilities
- Coaches and guides department managers in the development of labor usage strategies to better the utilize resources, reacting to changes in production demands and deadlines.
- Communicates to management and plant personnel Company changes in Kraft Heinz policies, procedures, and strategies.
- Ensures personnel adherence to Kraft Heinz policies, safety standards, and good manufacturing practices
- Actively supports all continuous improvement efforts throughout the plant.
- Consults with corporate operations and plant management team to develop annual operating budget & Zero-based budgeting (ZBB).
- Partners with the Human Resources Department to develop and drive the 3-5 year people plan while supporting policy development, employee grievances, employee development, employee engagement and retention
- Work with Engineering and Maintenance departments to develop strategies to reduce production equipment downtime due to equipment failures.
- Actively works with Continuous Improvement Coordinator, Engineering Manager, and Maintenance Manager on equipment process flows, optimization of plant layouts, coordination of shutdowns, and startups due to new production lines and equipment installations.
- Supports the R&D team in developing of new products processes, supports production runs, costing of labor, and scrap standards for new products.
- Analyzes manufacturing variances of ingredient, materials, and labor usage and works with management team to implement strategies to reduce them.
- Oversees the preparation of operational schedules and manufacturing activities to ensure that production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Identifies and implement continuous improvement initiatives such is labor reduction, waste reduction, and reduction of indirect cost to contribute to factory objectives.
- Minimum 7+ years of leadership experience within a manufacturing environment. Previous plant management experience preferred
- Experience in consumer packaged goods industry preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership of safety initiatives that drive a zero injury culture
- Demonstrated track record of understanding and applying continuous improvement principles and practices including Lean Manufacturing, TPM, and/or Lean Six Sigma
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience influencing and working with cross functional teams
- Experience building & enabling high performing teams delivering exceptional results on a consistent basis
- Growth and continuous learning and development mindset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence across all levels of employees
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. Preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations