Gemini Industries, Inc.
Grand Prairie, TX
- PURPOSE AND MISSION
- Maintain, implement, and direct all operating procedures to ensure the best service for our customers.
- The Operations Facility Manager practices effective communication, guidance and establishes procedures for the team to aid in effective operations of Gemini’s continuous growth.
- Develop strategic plans and objectives in accordance with overall company strategy.
- He or she is a role model for the Core Values, Vision and Mission of Gemini, and the Operations Facility Manager’s behavior should reflect the values throughout assigned areas of responsibility.
- Plan and organize daily activities related to production and operations.
- Manage the development and execution of manufacturing plans including production configuration, build schedules, material requirements, and resource planning.
- Analyze production labor requirements, implementing appropriate capacity decisions within budget.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives ensuring internal controls and compliance.
- Work in conjunction with sales to meet or exceed monthly profitability goals.
The Operations Facility Manager is granted the necessary authority to manage, direct and administer the operations of Gemini Industries, Inc. under the control of this position. This authority includes, but may not be limited to:
- This function has authority over Operation assignments and procedures with the guidance of the Director of Manufacturing.
- Hiring, terminating, disciplining, training, and evaluating all personnel reporting to this function with the guidance of the Director of Manufacturing.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement investments in technology, equipment or systems that will enhance the plant's production capabilities to optimize production, improve efficiency and reduce conversion cost.
- Create operating rhythm and drive communication and recognition at all levels in the plant to be consistent with the business strategy.
- Ensure all processes are completed efficiently, which include production, filling, receiving, shipping, maintenance and invoicing.
- Support development and use of standard operating procedures, tools, and metrics to enable successful operations.
- Measure productivity by creating and tracking metrics, analyzing performance data, financial data, and activity reports.
- Provide timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status.
- Process customer orders/changes according to established department policies and procedures.
- Process customer returns according to established department policies and procedures.
- Must partner with the Sales team to provide customers with quality products and excellent customer service.
- Must address customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
- Provide timely feedback to the company regarding services failures or customer concerns.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned from time to time by management.
- Cross train employees so that all Manufacturing employees are able to do all daily functions as needed.
- Conduct weekly inventory cycle counts on all core products and monthly on all additional products. Adjust inventory according to Gemini policy to maintain an up-to-date inventory.
- Perform weekly Manufacturing safety and loss prevention audits as detailed by Gemini.
- Manage and train Manufacturing employees to conduct daily business practices in a safe and healthy environment for customers and Gemini employees.
- QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet and accomplish the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Sales Trainee function.
Education: The minimum of a high-school education. A bachelor’s degree in engineering or business management is preferred.
- At least 1 year of Plant Supervisor or Management experience.
- 2 Years of Employee Supervisory experience
- Be able to produce results with little direct supervision.
- Be flexible to perform customer service & inside sales related tasks.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Be a proactive problem solver.
- Have the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Have or gain an understanding of Open Book Management and manage by the principles thereof.
- Possess a high work ethic, personal integrity, and honesty.
- Be mature, flexible, and self-motivated.
- Exemplify professionalism in personal appearance, manner, and dress according to acceptable standards set by the company.
- Job Related Working Requirements
- Computer literate.
- Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word literate.
- PHYSICAL AND MENTAL
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to:
- Stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Talk or hear, taste or smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.