Plant Operations Senior Supervisor – Ethanol
Cargill Meat Solutions
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
This position is located in Eddyville, IA and it provides relocation support if required
Job Purpose and Impact
The Plant Operations Senior Supervisor will provide strategic operational oversight for ethanol production and operating facilities with moderate degree of complexity. In this role, you will oversee and hold Ethanol department accountable to standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance.
- Oversee all operations from multiple departments, processes or shifts to ensure teams are following policies and procedures related to employee, food and feed safety and environmental compliance.
- Partner with environment, health and safety and food safety, quality and regulatory experts to identify the most effective approach for implementing and monitoring corporate safety policies and procedures.
- Oversee production outcomes, quantity and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are within specifications.
- Partner collaboratively with appropriate centers of excellence including, but not limited to engineering and plant management, to provide input into the development of plant capital investment strategies.
- Accountable for the implementation of non base capital investments for a major production area or for multiple departments, processes and shifts.
- Ensure ongoing review of key performance indicators with focus on continuous improvements in site operational targets.
- Develops and oversees operational plans and monitors routine operations for all production processes for multiple departments, processes and shifts.
- Lead and develop a team, coach and make decisions related to talent management, hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- 4+ years of supervisory experience in manufacturing environments
- Relevant experience with high hazard process and process safety management
- 1-2 years of experience with Ethanol or distillation/fermentation processes.
- 2+ years of experience with industrial maintenance
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/VetID:uDnQdo