Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties, LLC
Granite Falls, MN
This position is responsible for safely and efficiently starting and regulating plant processing equipment. The Plant Operator will run and monitor plant operations from a centralized location under the direction of the Plant Manager and Foreman.
- Starts, monitors, and regulates plant processing equipment within the company guidelines and safety standards
- Adjusts equipment programming to maximize production
- Generates work requests using maintenance planning program
- Maintains daily production reports and exchanges relevant information with others daily
- Monitors/Maintains load out area and operates mobile equipment as needed
- Operates other mobile and plant equipment, including skid steer, front end loader, etc. in a safe manner if needed
- Conducts pre-shift equipment/plant inspections and completes required paperwork accurately
- Aides in plant operation and repairs to plant equipment
- Maintains housekeeping in areas of responsibility
- Aides in the training of co-workers as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be safety conscious, dependable, and motivated
- Will take an active role in the plant safety initiatives
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Willing to cross-train in different areas of production
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience to perform the responsibilities associated with this position
- Experience in the building materials industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to work cooperatively with others toward a shared goal, contribute actively to the team efforts, and possess a positive attitude in working with others as a team
- Possess effective coordination and communication skills
- Possess strong mechanical aptitude, knowledge and skills
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Able to work varying shifts as needed, outdoors, in varying weather conditions
- Able to read and interpret gauges/dials and make competent decisions related to processing equipment
- Able to work in areas where noise levels are up to 90 decibels
- Possess basic computer skills & able to learn new software
- Able to adhere to MSHA guidelines and plant safety rules and regulations
- Able to ensure a safe work environment by prioritizing safety, then quality, followed by production
About Martin Marietta
Martin Marietta is an American-based company and a leading supplier of building materials - including aggregates, cement, ready mixed concrete and asphalt.
At Martin Marietta, safety is first in everything we do. It is our primary company value. Safety is vital to our culture and a shared responsibility.
Engaging Our People
We are committed to supporting and investing in our employees, and to providing programs and resources that enrich the personal and professional quality of their lives.
We are dedicated to doing business the right way. Our employees hold themselves, and each other, to the utmost standard of integrity. Our business ethics allow us to maintain our strong commitment to honesty, integrity and accountability.
Building a career/ Building a community
At Martin Marietta we want you to find a lifelong career and build a sense of community where shared values and mutual respect drives our vision for a better workplace.
Health/welfare Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision programs, prescription drug coverage, plus much more.
Preparing our employees for the Future: 401(k) with company match and contribution. In addition, we offer a pension plan funded solely by the company to assist with your retirement needs.
Work/life balance and employee wellness: Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays.