EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: -- Plant Operator
Job Summary: -- In a safe, efficient and professional manner the Operator will support the Plant Manager in the preventative, corrective, and general maintenance of HVAC systems for Macerich. Other duties include, but not limited to, daily assessments of systems, maintain a clean working environment, and other various duties as assigned by the Plant Manager, while adhering to all safety and health standards. The shift for this position is: 8:30-5PM M-F with occasional on call and overtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: -
- Log chillers and perform water treatment tests on a daily basis. Must understand the results and make adjustments accordingly.
- Keep central plant and HVAC department areas clean and in safe condition at all times.
- Maintain cleanliness and keep biological activity under control in cooling towers.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs as needed.
- Test and log emergency generators. Perform minor maintenance when necessary (i.e. add water to batteries and radiator, add oil and fuel to unit. Keep unit wiped clean).
- Perform other various duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Safely use hand tools, power tools and test instruments to maintain, troubleshoot and repair various types of equipment.
- Follow safety practices, and utilize protective clothing and equipment as required by OSHA. Know the whereabouts of all emergency equipment (i.e. fire extinguishers, eyewash and shower stations, first aid supplies, breathing apparatus, etc.
- Must understand the basics of central plant operation including the fundamentals of: chillers, water pumps, piping and valve operation, cooling towers, air handlers, exhaust equipment and the smoke evacuation system.
- Able to operate the energy management system.
- Able to read electric and water meters.
- Able to read and understand blue prints.
- High school diploma or equivalent; diploma from a certified air conditioning school or college.
- At least two years' experience in commercial air conditioning including: chillers, water pumps, cooling towers, air handlers, package units, split systems, exhaust fans and heat pumps.
- EPA Universal Certification
- Valid driver's license
- Able to produce a quality work product in a prompt, safe and efficient manner.
- Observe and adhere to safety and health rules.
- Good communication with and respect for co-workers and their property, vendors, and tenants.
- Maintain a good attendance record, including notification in the event of tardiness and absence.
This Position is Located at:
Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall
7014 E. Camelback Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process -- it is probably fraudulent.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans