Plant Quality Engineer
Adler Pelzer Group
Are you looking to join a pioneering team working in the evolving world of automotive?
Adler Pelzer Group (APG) - a growing global Tier One supplier of Acoustic and Soft Trim products to the automotive industry recently purchased the Acoustic Division of STS Group. The STS Group is a stock listed, globally leading supplier of components and systems for the commercial vehicle and automotive industries. Together, APG and STS are seeking an experienced Plant Quality Engineer to lead quality in the new plant launch activities in Salem-Roanoke, Virginia.
The Plant Quality Engineer will work closely with the local APG and STS teams as well as the customer and suppliers to assure successful product quality phases before, during and after project launch.
A successful candidate for this role will have at least 3 years of experience in automotive tier 1 customer and supplier quality, ideally familiar with plastics and/or exterior parts such as bumpers. In addition, the candidate for this role will have experience with the various quality tools such as FMEA, PPAP, APQP, and others. This is a high visibility position with growth opportunities.
Plant Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
- Make sure that the project deliverables, and the objectives of the customer, in terms of Quality, are met
- Deploy and ensure processes and methodologies are adhered to ( PPAP , PFMEA, control Plan, DCP, etc.)
- Maintain communication and interface between the Customer Quality teams & the STS/APG team
- Manage Quality risk Negotiate Quality criteria with the customer
- Voice of the customer within the project team escalating Quality risks quickly
- Supports the plant and the project team to secure the production launch and ramp-up acting as the link between the Plant Quality team & the project team
- Manage the APQP process with suppliers to ensure start of production in accordance with customer and STS requirements
- Coordinate and manage PPAP files with suppliers
Note: This section is not inclusive. Other duties are assigned as necessary to support team goals.
Please refer to the required list of skills and experience below. Education can be substituted with equivalent experience. Licenses & Certifications are preferred but not required.
Salary & Benefits: Adler Pelzer offers a competitive pay and benefits package as well as the opportunity to grow one’s career.
Salary range for this position is 85-95K per year. Specific salary is commensurate with experience and factors such as relevant experience, education, certifications and licenses, skills, and training.
Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, other insurance options, paid time off, 401(K) match, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, employee assistance program, variety of automobile purchase discounts (BMW, Ford, GM, Subaru-many others), and tuition reimbursement.
To learn more about our Company and our rich history, visit our website at www.AdlerPelzer.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. APG participates in the E-Verify Program.
Please respond with resume.
NO RECRUITERS INQUIRING TO ASSIST WITH THIS SEARCH PLEASE.ID:uDnQdo