Plant Supervising Electrician
Amy's Kitchen, Inc.
White City, OR
Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment by performing the duties listed below.This role is critical to ensuring the ongoing operations of the plant, and will be an important partner to all maintenance staff and plant management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Trouble shoot, repair and install industrial electrical motors, controls, devices, 3-phase and single-phase branch circuit’s problems, and instruments.
· Install and/or repair wiring, conduit, branch service, and power supply for plant equipment and facilities.
· Install/program and troubleshoot adjustable frequency AC and DC motor drives.
· Troubleshoot, repair and install industrial computer controls and PLC’s, must be able to use a computer to interpret/troubleshoot P.L.C. ladder diagrams, and check function of I/O.
· Tests malfunctioning machinery and communicate with Maintenance Mechanics, and Maintenance Supervisor to diagnose malfunction.
· Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
· Ensures compliance with any and all paperwork related to electrical work in the plant
· This positions’ responsibilities will occasionally include work outside of normal hours, working days, or shift lengths
· Other relevant duties as assigned
It is the responsibility of all employees to uphold the mission of the Amy’s Food Safety and Quality Policy. This includes following all Food Safety and Sustainability programs and participating in all required training
Oversees and monitors all electrical work in progress; inspecting completed work to ensure it complies to specifications and monitoring and guiding any electrical apprentices. This will include all documentation required by the state of Oregon, Amy’s or other regulatory bodies
Qualifications and Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Further, they must maintain an Oregon General Supervisor Electrician (cont…) License. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Oregon General Supervisor Electrician License
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Meet or exceed the Oregon licensing requirements.
Requires a well rounded and experienced knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment and materials used in assigned skill trade area.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional disciplines, departments, regulatory bodies and diverse seniority levels to accomplish required work.
- Strong communication skills, particularly active listening, and relationship building are critical to the position.
- Ability to exercise strategy to accomplish required work while maintaining high standards of safety, integrity and risk aversion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. (cont…)
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
As the plant is a 24 hour operation, this position is “On call” 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The position will require up to 5% travel for meetings or training needs.ID:uDnQdo