Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties, LLC
Martin Marietta is currently looking for a hard working, team oriented individual to join our rock solid team at Xenia Sand and Gravel in Xenia, OH. This position is responsible for operating a variety of equipment and helping with plant maintenance, production and equipment operation.
- Work safely while assisting in plant operations including production, quality control, loading and shipping
- Assist with preventative and routine maintenance on mobile and plant equipment
- Must be willing to cross train in all plant areas
- Learn to operate plant-specific mobile equipment
- Perform daily pre/post-shift inspections on equipment and maintain maintenance log
- Maintain good housekeeping in areas of responsibility
- Other duties as assigned
- Safety Acumen
- Ethical Conduct
- Attention to Detail
- High Sense of Urgency
- Drive for Results
- Relationship Building
This is a full-time position that works overtime regularly in a sand and gravel operation, operating heavy equipment.
Larger equipment is typically air conditioned. There will be times when outside assignments that may require periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc.
- Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to operate hand/foot controls
- Possess good vision to perceive depth at close range and distances up to 150 feet
- Must be able to climb on and off equipment to operate and service
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb and reach around mobile equipment
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lb
- Must be able to sit and operate equipment for long periods up to 9+ hours per day
- Must work outside in all weather conditions consistent with extreme ambient temperatures: heat, cold, wetness, dryness, dust, and noisy conditions
- Must be able to work at various heights
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Heavy equipment experience is a plus
- Welding/Maintenance experience is a plus
- Bi-Lingual is a plus
Martin Marietta Benefits Start on Your First Day!
- Medical (BCBS)
- Company Matched 401K
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Discounts
- And much more!
Martin Marietta will provide equal opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, marital status, United States military veteran's status, or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledID:uDnQdo