Plasma Center Training Supervisor
Bio-Life Plasma, LLC
San Antonio, TX
About BioLife Plasma Services
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you focus on our donors, we’ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
This position will require 6-8 weeks of travel for training purposes. All travel expenses for training will be covered by the company and will include cost of flights, rental car, lodging, and meals. Travel home for the weekend may be permitted and can be discussed further in the interview process.
Responsible for the general supervision of the center area training program. Is able to perform all technical tasks required within the work areas. Provides assistance to management to achieve business goals.
All listed duties must comply with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product, employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
- Perform duties associated with Training (including but not limited to): (50%)
- Maintains complete and accurate records to ensure that all personnel are competent to perform their assigned duties.
- Reviews employee training materials to meet initial and annual certification requirements.
- Ensures timely completion of cross-training and annual re-certification training.
- Ensures that employees are trained and committed to meet customer service expectations.
- Monitors center training needs and performs cross-training, re-training, SOP training, preventative action training and other training as needed.
- Works closely with the Facility Manager, QMR and management team to communicate center/employee needs as they relate to training.
- Fosters teamwork. Works collaboratively with staff, peers, and management to achieve business goals. Communicates continuously and resolves conflicts proactively.
- Communicates regularly with the Center Manager to ensure compliance with training requirements and that adequate support is provided to employees in the work area.
- Review Quality Control Records as applicable and assigned
- Coordinates and performs new employee orientation, including company background, health and safety requirements, policies and procedures and other company expectations. Understands Affirmative Action practices and is actively involved in employment application pre-screening and interviewing process for center staff. (20%)
- Effectively manages the production area (donor floor/customer service) motivates and encourages employees to meet their performance goals and comply with company quality standards and procedures. (25%)
- Maintain certification and perform required duties (including, but not limited to) the following roles: (5%)
- Medical History (PCT)
- Phlebotomy (SPCT, APCT, LT)
- Sample Processing (SPT, SSPT)
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Demonstrated work history of above average performance, customer service, and attendance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and direct the work of others and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Requires obtaining and maintaining Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification.
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the business
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns (internal)
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance decisions (internal)
- Advises and counsels hourly staff on operational, safety, and customer service concerns. (internal)
- Consults and coordinates directly with the center management on training concerns within the plasma center.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Encourages employee involvement in committee meetings.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen).
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee. Requires frequent lifting up to 32 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of production-based work tasks require pro-longed glove wear.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Essential: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Desired: Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.